Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Justin's POV:

After the movie, Daniel and I said our goodbyes. I offered to drive Daniel back to his apartment complex and he said that he would love a ride. Once he got in the car and we started driving down the road, he started talking.

"Do you think Julia's mom really has cancer? Or do you think it's just something to get your attention?" He asked casually. I put my foot on my brake hard enough for him to lunge forward.

"What the fuck? Why would you say that?!" I try my hardest to keep my voice level.

"I'm just saying." He puts is hands up. I turn back to the road and see the light turns green. I step on the gas gently. I take a deep breath over and over.

Once I arrive at the apartment complex, I say nothing as he gets out. I wait until he gets inside and drives off as quickly as possible and back to my apartment.

I turn on my radio and it is playing Anyone. I turn it up to block out the racing thoughts in my mind. Once I get to my complex, I slam my car door and race to the doors.

"Hi M-" The security guard said but I ignored him as the steam was coming out of my ears. I race to my apartment, slam the door shut and punch the wall in a full rage. My heart was racing a million miles per minute and my thoughts were racing.

It took a minute for me to realize that blood was dripping down my knuckle and onto the wooden floor. I grab bandages and wrap my hand twice so the blood wasn't noticeable. I look at the wall and there's no noticeable damage.

"I should probably get that fixed." I mumble to myself as I get cleaning supplies to clean up the blood off the floor.

After I cleaned up, my hand started throbbing intensely and my phone started to ring.

"Hi Julia." I greeted with a smile as soon as I realized it was a FaceTime call. Her smile was infectious.

"Hi Justin. I really enjoyed the movie." She said as I moved over to the couch.

"So, what are doing?" I ask as I don't know what else to talk about. She sighs heavily and places her head down.

"I have this final draft of my book due for a project in two weeks. My mom's cancer diagnosis couldn't have come at a worse time." She lightly chuckles. I didn't know whether to smile or laugh along. "You can laugh. It's fine."

I chuckle along with her. I was grateful that I could laugh without offending her.

"I'm sorry you have to this project." I say. Then there was silence. Comfortable silence.

"I'll let you get back to it." I go to hang up but she stops me.

"Wait! I wanna talk to you...if that's okay." She says in a panic mode. Her face looks like she's trying get me off the rails.

"Yeah, I would like that." I lean back in my couch as she continues to tell me about her day.

*Later*

Julia's POV:

I fling my head back in a huge belly laugh. I look at my phone and realize that it is 6:00 a.m. We've been up all night talking.

"It's 6:00 a.m. I better get some sleep. My mom and I are planning to get our nails done in a few hours." I say calmly. I don't want to stop talking to him.

"Have we been talking all night?" He asks, bewildered. I nod and try to hide my smile.

"I've really enjoyed talking to you." He says. I pop my lips.

"I'm tired. Goodnight." I say bluntly.

"Goodnight." He says and hangs up. I drop my phone on my bed and collapse.

*Later*

Julia's POV:

"Julia! It's 2:00. Our appointment is at 3:00!" I hear my mouth scream. I jump out of bed at the speed of light.

"Okay! Let me brush my teeth and get ready!" I scream back. I quickly brush my teeth, do my skincare routine and put on comfortable clothes.

"Ready!" I yell. My mom is outside the door.

"Let's get our nails done." Mom is smiling is if nothing is happening.

A/N: Hi guys! Hope you're having a good 2021 so far. Thanks for reading!