Chapter 34

Julia's POV:

We arrive at Justin's apartment. Justin opens the door because he has the key. He allows me to walk in ahead of him. It's smaller than I remember.

I push my suitcase in and see the kitchen. The fridge takes up half the space. The counter is so small that it seems like it's impossible to cook in.

"I'm so sorry about your mom." He says out of the blue. He wraps his hands around my waist and puts his nose into my neck.

"Justin, stop." I attempt to push him away. He lets go and puts his hands up. Backing up, he starts chuckling. I look at him sideways. He starts making tickling fingers. I bolt to what I think is the living room.

"I don't have a guest room. I hope the living room is okay." He says as if he's embarrassed.

"Okay. Where do I keep my stuff?" He points to a small three drawer dresser to the  right. I nod, grab my stuff and put it in nicely. I see out of the corner of my eye that he's trying to hide his face.

"Why are you embarrassed?" I question. He shifts his weight and looks towards the ground. The candy cane air-fresher that hit my nose as soon as I stepped through the door is getting stronger, the longer we stand there.

"Nothing. I just never thought the day would come that I would need a guest room." He admits. I put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze it gently.

"It's fine. I don't mind sleeping on the couch." I say, trying to lighten his mood. He looks to the kitchen and his stomach starts growling. We look at the clock. It's 1:00pm.

"Do you wanna make something or order out?" He asks. My stomach is growling as well. I sit on the couch. Once I sit down, it becomes impossible to move.

"Can we just go by McDonald's? I'm exhausted." I say. Before I know it, he picks me up bridal style. I'm laughing and scream for him to put me down.

"You don't seem like you're tired." While still carrying me, he wants out to his car and puts me in. I buckle up; still laughing.

"Thank you." I say as we start driving to McDonald's. 

*At McDonald's*

Justin's POV:

I open the car door. Julia holds out her hand for me to grab. She steps out like she is a queen. She is a bit quicker than me and makes it to the door before I do. She goes to reach for it. I stop her and reach for the door.

"I don't need you to do everything in for me. I'm able-bodied." She's quick to remind me. I back up and take a step back.

"Sorry." I say. We enter the establishment together; she sits down; I order burgers and fries.

"Thanks for being there for me." She says while eating fries. I nod while eating some of the shared fries.

"Glad I could help." I say. We clean up and head back. The ride back is quiet yet not awkward. A comfortable silence. The kind of silence you would want to hear with your best friend.

A/N: That's chapter 34. The next chapter will be the last one. Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading!