1

If Abel Kove was the stars, Aurora Kove was the sun, and little Avery was the moon

Abel Kove, hands tight on the steering wheel, was made of longing to please, a severe case of daddy issues his therapist used to tell him when he was younger. A sense of wanting to please, what can I do? What do you need? Tell me how to help. It was in his blood, always looking for ways to assure people to— to convince— people to stay.

Aura Kove, she was all words, and thinking, and strategies, and brain. The girl used her brain more than anything, but still had her dull moments when she would forget which side of the school her classroom was. She was a poster child, for what exactly? The hell if she knew.

Avery Kove was, more or less, the spitting image of her nearly absent fire. Angry at the world, angry at everything, for no good reason. Very hard, cold, raging to the rest of the world. Only, not her big brother. Her big brother who she would bunk with at night, crying into his chest because she wanted her father. Only, not her twin sister. Who would softly fix her makeup for her, never daring to lay a violent hand on her even in their most awful moments.

"Hey, I'm gonna be late for dinner I'm looking for another job," Abel used each hand to rest on his sisters' shoulders, pursing his lips in feign apology.

"You already have two jobs," Avery muttered, her blue eyes held lingering confusion. "Isn't it enough?"

"It's never gonna be enough," Aurora bit the skin on her lip. "Daddy's money is all used up, right Abel?"

"Shut the hell up." The two girls glared at each other, Abel turning back to the steering wheel with a soft sigh.

"You finally buy enough booze, hm?"

"You guys are going to be late."

Without another word, Aura kicked the car door open, her heeled boots smacking against the concrete as she rushed into the school.

"Bye, Abe." Avery stepped out of the car, pulling the backpack up higher on her shoulder, smoothing out her skirt as she went up the steps.

Aurora, even now as she stormed into the cafeteria held a warm smile on her face, successfully convincing everyone of her perfect life.

"Hi, Demetri, Eli." The two boys waved back to Aurora with a smile, watching as she skipped toward Yasmine and Moon's table. "Hey." She dragged out the 'Y' kissing Moon on the cheek in a greeting and lacing her arm with her best friend's.

"Where's Avery?" Sam asked, her voice soft and phone clutched nervously in her hand. However, her question was answered when the girl entered the room, slouching as always, with dark sunglasses covering her eyes.

"Is she hungover?" Moon whispered, watching as the girl roughly shoved Kyler away from her, flipping him off as she went.

"No, just a bitch."