Chapter 6

Third POV

"She asked Potter to the Yule Ball." Draco muttered, gripping his hair in the boy's dormitories. 

"Yes. Although I'm pretty sure she's just making you jealous." Blaise lied. 

"Well, she succeeded!" He yelled, throwing his tie across the room. 

"Obviously..." Blaise muttered. "Look, just be really close to Pansy during the Yule Ball. Don't even pay attention to them. That'll make her mad." 

"Good idea, Blaise." Draco nodded. "I'm going to beat her at her own game." 

"You do that." Blaise said to himself as Draco left. 

Sophia's POV

"He was mad?" I whispered to Blaise in the Great Hall as we worked on Potions. 

"Beyond pissed. But I just told him you were making him jealous, and to not pay attention to you two, and he thought it was a good idea." Blaise shrugged. 

"Great. Thanks, Blaise. Astoria is a little sad that she doesn't have a date yet." I sighed. 

"Maybe Weasley can take her." Blaise laughed, but I shot my head up to see Snape hit Ron and Harry's heads with a book. 

"That's a good idea." I nodded. 

"Oh, your dad is going to murder me in my sleep." He groaned. 

"Weasley!" I called out after class ended. Harry and Ron both stopped and waited for me and Blaise to catch up. 

"Yes?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"You don't have a date to the Yule Ball." I pointed out. 

"Bloody hell, thanks for that." He sounded hurt. 

"Sorry. My sister doesn't have a date either. You should definitely ask her to the ball." I told him. 

"Really? How do you know she'll say yes?" He asked. 

"Trust me, she's desperate." I told him. "Bye, boys-"

"Wait, Sophia." Harry stopped me. "Did you ask me to the ball to make Draco jealous?" 

"Well, I'm pretending to make him jealous. Between us, I actually quite like you. You're not too bad, Potter." I admitted with a blush on my face. Ron's mouth dropped, while Harry's eyes were just wide. "See you later!" 

"I can't believe you just told him." Blaise shook his head. "But you two would be a really cute couple." 

"Aw, thanks, Blaise." I smiled. 

Third POV... Again.

Harry laid on the couch in the Gryffindor Common Room, hugging his Golden Egg and thinking of Sophia. Did she just... tell him she likes him? Maybe she meant as a friend.