Chapter 9

I sat in between Draco and Blaise as we waited for the Third and final Task to start. I was quite nervous. Harry barely made it through the last one. This one is supposed to be the hardest task. Draco and his goons cheered for Cedric as he walked out, and I clapped too. 

"I hope he comes out first!" I lied to Draco. 

"I'm rooting for him or Krum." Draco nodded. Harry came out with Dumbledore and he made eye contact with me. I gave him a small smile for good luck. 

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouted. The music and crowd quickly died down. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner."

"I hope it's not Potter." Draco yelled over the crowd. Blaise looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and pat my knee. 

"I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather around quickly." Dumbledore gathered them in a circle to talk. 

"I'm so nervous." I whispered to Blaise. 

"Champions! Prepare yourselves!" Dumbledore shouted. Everyone in the stands stood up and cheered.

"Please don't die, please don't die." I muttered. The canon was fired and I watched Harry enter the maze. The maze behind him closed making my eyes move over to Dumbledore, who watched Moody like a hawk. 

The task was taking much longer than I thought. Fleur, once again, came out of the task first. She was unconscious. Next, Viktor was pulled out, also unconscious. I started to chew my nails, nervous for Harry. I quickly stood up when I heard a pop and saw Cedric and Harry on the ground. 

"They did it! Hogwarts won!" I cheered. My smile slowly faded away when I saw Cedric not moving and his eyes open. Harry was crying on top of him. "He's dead." 

"What?" Draco asked as Fleur let out a scream. 

"Cedric's dead." I gasped. 

"He's back! He's back. Voldemort's back." Harry cried out and I covered my mouth in shock. "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him. Not there."

"Let me through!" Cedric's father ran towards the circle of teachers. "That's my son! That's my boy! My boy!"

"Bloody hell." Blaise mumbled as tears fell out of my eyes. I kept my eyes on Harry as he was pulled up by Moody. 

"Moody placed the cup." I whispered. 

"Yeah, so?" Blaise raised an eyebrow. 

"I need to go warn Dumbledore." I quickly ran through the crowd and tugged on Snape's jacket. 

"What is it?" He hissed. 

"Harry was just taken by Moody. Moody put the cup. Moody sent them to Voldemort." I put everything together. 

"What did you just say?" Dumbledore ran up to me. 

"Moody sent them to Voldemort!" I said louder. 

"Where is he?" Snape looked around. 

"He took Harry away." I told them. "Please, help him."

"Come on." Dumbledore pulled Snape and McGonagall towards the castle. 

I paced in front of Pansy and Astoria in my dorm biting at my nails once again. I hoped the Professors got to Harry in time. It had been hours since I last saw him.