01

chased" it's outside "

chased
" it's outside "

i kicked on the door in hope that it might open itself. why? because i'm dumb.

i give in and searched for my keys in my back pocket. as i drop my backpack, the keys behind me fall back too. i pick up, both my backpack and the keys, and open the door.

walking into the dark and empty living room of my house, i plop down on the couch, not daring to turn on the lights just yet. i turn on the tv which took me to the news.

"Several reports of teens and adults gone missing in Daegu, South Korea. No witnesses were in the scene of this incident until the news has came and observed the case. People asking, what happened? Coming back to you, this is live, Current Living News." the reporter says, speaking through her microphone.

i turned off the tv in annoyance, finally turning on the lights that lit up the whole first floor. i closed the door behind me, trying not to look back at the beautiful yet eerie scenery from outside knowing that nothing was there anyways.

i decided to text Mia, my best friend, about what the fuss is all about on tv.

MIA<3 ^

hey mia >

< Hey Juno! What's up?

the news just announced that people have been going missing these past few months. did you know about this? >

< Oh really? Idk I haven't been watching the news lately!
I feel bad though.

dw, jus be careful mia. >
don't be running around the streets alone, ok?

< Ok! I'll make sure to keep safe Juno :)
I have to go, something urgent came up with the family. Sorry, talk soon!

bye mia ! >
Read 10:30 PM

as i turn off my phone, i see the curtains beautifully moving up and down as the rhythm of the cold blowing wind comes through the cracks of my window.

i stand up from the living room couch, now coming closer to the window, moving the curtains to the side as i begin to close the window fully. but as i look up, i see a figure creeping through the other side of the transparent glass i was about to close.

one blink, now gone.