08

chased" the subway "

chased
" the subway "

left and right is where my eyes took me to. left and right. i looked to my left and see the subway tracks and some more long hall of subway tracks. to my right, i notice the scene of an alleyway in between walls of the subway.

it disgusted me to see myself so invested in something my dad told me to forget about. my dad didn't even have a proper funeral. i want them to pay. to suffer just like how my dad did that day. suffer.

i look down, whispering to myself that this was over. my life is over, but no. not but one thing.

i looked to my right again, hearing the voice of a middle-aged woman screaming her guts out. what the actual fuck. i thought, putting the palms of my hands to the soft of my lips as i feel my heart racing, palms sweating, jaw dropping almost halfway to the ground, and breath shaking after what came out to be another wail for help. a scream so loud that can be heard from outside but no one dared to come in.

it only depended on me. it was meant for me. it chose me.

i rushed to the alleyway as fast i could but my breath stopped me there. and then eventually i stopped running, looking at the graffiti art on the walls signing "i found you" in every corner of the place.

i was so dumb to see it.

i couldn't stop now. it was now or never. if i couldn't run, i walk; if i couldn't walk, i crawl; if i couldn't crawl, i try any other method just to get me there. i hope. i hope. i hope.

i crawled as my knees were busted but right now, that didn't matter to me as much as the matter of finding my dad's killer. "where are you?" i whispered softly but it echoed so loudly that anyone in the subway could've heard it. WAHHHH! there it is again. i crawl faster and finally, i found a wooden door that led me to an open staircase. it was dark and very wet. it smelt like rotten flesh, flesh of a human. i felt disgusted so i gagged aloud. shit, i think they heard me, i thought.

i lay there unconscious again.

i woke up after what felt like an eternity. luckily it was as short as two seconds and continued my journey to a mystery. i had the ability to walk again and found myself walking slowly. i held the railing of the stairs which helped me stabilize my legs in walking. and i was met in a very cold and smelly place.

"i know what you're doing." my mouth couldn't hold back any longer. "i am so tired. I'M SO TIRED!" what am i doing? my mouth wont stop moving. i try to hold back but tears began to fall from my eyes. i replay the flashbacks of my dad who was always there for me. the flashbacks got me so worked up that i just kept ranting to the wall. as much as i want to cry, i want to find the person who killed my dad just because of the one thing that bothered me, that crooked and nasty man. "LOOK! I JUST— i just want my dad back. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" i screamed louder and louder to the point of my voice going sick. i stopped talking because i didn't want to get this emotional. i was here for a reason, to find him.

my eyes were closed so i couldn't see a thing. i found reality when my eyelids turned bright red. lights? i thought finally opening my eyes to first see a very blurry room then to a room that feels nostalgic, more vivid.

clap
clap
clap.

"i'm glad you came. i was worried sick because of you." a voice from behind me uttered as i shivered in the corner of the smelly room. "you know, it's sad to see you suffering so much because of me." it's him. it's actually him. i haven't said a word since then because of how weak i became. i feel the walls vibrating and the floor wobbling because of the footsteps that are coming my direction. i have to get ready. i prepared myself to turn around and face him but the person behind me stopped walking and no more footsteps were heard. the coward i am stopped my preparation as well and just listened to what this guy has to say.

"i'm sorry. oh, i'm sorry for ruining your life, for killing your dad, for finding you. lets start again." the man sarcastically apologized, no effort into making sound as real, he just wanted to make me feel bad. he wanted to make me feel bad about myself and the passing of my dad.

i wasn't going to forgive him if it's the last thing i do. i hate this man to death, i hate him because of the trauma that happened to me. i hate him. I Hate Him. I HATE HIM! "I HATE YOU!" i blurted aloud, covering my mouth after what words i spoke. "wow, you've grown up so much, i just want to pinch that little cheek of yours." he exclaimed. yuck.

i made up my mind, not knowing what i was about to do next.