04

chased" the bait "

chased
" the bait "

[ next day ]

i woke up on the left side of my bed, turning to the right side. as i shift my hand to the right of the bed, i feel nothing but empty sheets of my blanket.

"mia?" i call out, recalling the scene from last night about how i told her that she could sleep with me. i sit up, my hearing got a lot more clearer than before as i now hear the bathtub water running. oh, she's in the bathroom.

i stand up and made my way to the bathroom to check up on her if she was okay, but the only thing i saw was horrible.

the way she got destroyed. the way how the unexpected knife sticks out from her now shattered heart. literally. the way her eyes are still open in deep shock but is now unconscious, cold, and dead, staring right at me was her dead eyes now pale. just like my father.

i lost her. the same scene where i lost my dad to the one person i dare not to see again. he died right in front of my eyes. why? why me? why us?

my mouth gaped open, proceeding to close the big gap coming from my mouth with both of the palm of my hands, shocked as i stare at the frozen figure of a loved one in front of me. my eyes starting to form balls of tears from the deceased body in the bathtub where the flowing rush of water mixed with red is overflowing the bathroom. sorry to say, but her body was the worst thing i have smelled in ages. i hated it. the smell of dead bodies.

i begin to turn of the water that was still running while looking terrified of the view under me. never have i ever been so close to a body that doesn't even breathe. i wanted to puke, experiencing the occurrence of what was now under the holes of my nose.

i back out of the bathroom, heedless not of touching that bathroom ever again. i walk to the kitchen then to the countertop of the room and look at the living room window across from me once again.

"IT'S THE SAME FUCKING THING!" i throw the flower vase that was sitting at the middle of the counter, throwing it as far as the window goes to, screaming at the top of my lungs, i became one of those crazy, mental patients who got just escaped out of a metal hospital.

the glass of the vase shattering as water scattered everywhere in the living room. the flower carrying little particles of glass in it. my fingers cut and wounded with disintegrated pieces of rose thorns poking the softness of my skin.

my dad told me to never cry, even in those situations where someone you knew has taken their life. but to see how painful that was to happen to both my father and my best friend hurt me too much not to cry.

it was the same technique as the killer my father had. the bathroom, the knife to the heart, the people i know, he killed all of them.

now thinking about it, he might still be alive. the same killer that killed my father has become the same killer towards my best friend and maybe the people reported missing from the news. now knowing that he lured me into this mess and now he needs to get me out of it. he needs to rot in hell.

i hear an unexpected tap on the same window and got distracted by the noise that came from it. then again, there it was, standing at the side of the transparent glass we call a window, staring at me the same way it did over the past week. enough is enough.

i walk up to the window, shoving my hand on it and eventually breaking the glass of furniture. "SHOW YOURSELF!" i try to scare it away but it keeps staring me back, mumbling words that can't be heard except to him.

"WHAT! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

"you."

"what?"

"i found you"

i blinked once, now it's disappeared.

"GAH!" i scream in anger, not caring if the world hears me scream, not caring how people woke up in the middle of the night because of me. nothing seemed to matter anymore because every time i look to that specific window, someone dies. and it's always one of the people i know.