II. The University

The plane landed in Japan at about 7 AM. When he got off he stretched. He had had a nice sleep, despite all the crying next to and behind him by babies. Beth apologized many times for Marie but Dante assured her that it was alright. Once they parted ways Dante headed to the luggage retrieval area. He wasn't sure where Metz's friends, and his new employers, were supposed to meet him so he was on edge the whole way down. Since he didn't have anything but his carry on he thought that the luggage retrieval area would be a good place to wait for them. But when he got there, he didn't see anyone. He waited.

It was 7:45 AM when someone finally approached him. This particular spot was virtually empty by now. There were a few stragglers who were late getting their luggage. Most of the area was being prepared for the next load of luggage though.

"Mr. Vale?" The man asked.

Dante looked at him. "Yes?"

"I am Hano Yukisaka." He waited for recognition on Dante's face. When it didn't come, he clarified, "A Mr. Metz contacted me about giving you a job."

"Oh!" Now Dante knew what was going on. "Yeah, right. Sorry, he didn't exactly tell me who I was meeting up with."

Yukisaka examined him. "Indeed." He turned and started to walk out. "Come. We must get you to the work immediately."

Dante frowned. He wasn't even allowed to get a nap before he worked? Where was he even supposed to stay when he wasn't working? None of this had been told him. All he was told was that everything was taken care of. So he probably should've trusted that the council actually took care of it, but at the moment he was very doubtful.

They got into the back of a limousine like vehicle and, as they drove, Yukisaka filled Dante in on the duties of his job. The more Yukisaka said, the more Dante thought it sounded like teaching. A lot of things sounded like teaching when you came right down to it - then again, a lot of them were.

Finally they pulled to a stop. Yukisaka motioned to the door with a "you first" kind of vibe about him. Dante nodded and opened the door. He crawled out and stood up once he was on the sidewalk. His face fell with displeasure. In front of him was a university. And this was his new job. He was a teacher. Great. Dante turned as he heard the car door shut.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

Yukisaka was sitting in the car with the window rolled down and the door shut. The car was turned on. "This is as far as I was asked to take you. Have a pleasant day." Before Dante could say anything the window went up and the car drove off.

Even better, Dante thought. He hoisted his bag onto his shoulder and walked toward the school.

The path leading up to it was pretty long, but it didn't take him as long as he thought. He stared at the doors for a moment. Well I guess I should get this over with. Dante reached out and opened them up. Inside was a long hall. There were two staircases, one close and one farther away, that he could see. Doors and lockers decorated the walls. A few students wandered around with destinations in mind a purpose in their step. There was a janitor exiting one of the rooms on the left. A teacher and his assistant were heading toward the closer set of stairs.

What was Dante supposed to do? He didn't even know what subject he was going to be teaching. He didn't even have any form of lecture planned! A heads up would've been nice, Metz. He thought with an annoyed groan.

"Excuse me? You're blocking the doorway."

Dante sidestepped and turned around to look at the person. "Sorry about that."

Before him stood a young woman with short magenta colored hair and pink eyes. Her skin was light. She wore a pink tank top with a round collar, blue capri jeans, and brown and white tennis shoes. A tan book bag rested on her right shoulder. "It's okay. I didn't mean to sound so rude."

"No worries." He smiled at her.

She held her hand out. "My name's Yoshino Fujieda."

Dante shook her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Fujieda. I'm Dante Vale."

"Vale?" Yoshino tilted her head curiously. That name sounded familiar. Then it struck her. She reached into her bag and pulled out the papers telling her about her class. "Wait, are you the new teacher on mythology and legends?" She looked up at him.

"I sure hope so."

She laughed. "You don't sound so sure."

"I'm not. No one even told me I was going to be a teacher. And honestly, I have no clue what's going on today."

"Well, I can take you to the principal's office so that you can talk to him. Then I should probably head to my other class though. My friend is probably waiting for me."

Dante nodded. "That'd be very helpful, thank you."