VII. A Meeting of the Monsters

Preyas could hear unfamiliar sounds. He was curious. Of course, it was still dark, but it had gone from one dark (Marucho's pocket) to another (Marucho's backpack). The backpack was much lighter than the pocket. Preyas could actually see Griffon in here. He was a dull grey but he was visible.

And then, there was a beam of light shining through a section that wasn't completely zipped up. Preyas got an idea. He rolled his way through Marucho's backpack, over Marucho's computer and other notebooks, and towards the opening.

Griffon popped open. "Where are you going?"

Preyas stopped. He turned around and popped open. "I'm going to see where we are!"

The bag shook violently. Marucho glared at his bag for a second after kicking it. Be quiet, Preyas! He thought.

"Mr. Marukua," Dante looked at him. "Is anything wrong?"

"No, sir!"

"Okay," Preyas said much, much more quietly. "I guess we need to be quiet."

Griffon had rolled back up when things began to shake. Once the backpack stopped, he continued to shake. He was terrified. He froze when he saw Preyas heading toward the light. Griffon opened his mouth to speak. Then he remembered the shaking and promptly closed his mouth.

But Preyas was nearing the opening. And then, to the Ventus Bakugan's horror, Preyas disappeared into the light.

CLICK Click click

Preyas bounced a couple of times after hitting the floor. It wasn't audible enough for Marucho or anyone else to notice. He looked around a little before spotting a foot. Preyas made a quick decision to wabble over to the foot instead of rolling. It was clear to the Aquus Bakugan that rolling would make more noise. He was about to start wabbling when something crashed into him.

Lalamon watched curiously from her Digivice as two small spheres, one green and the other blue, began streaking down the floor. Only moments before she had seen the blue one moving by itself in a different form. She knew Yoshi and Thomas would have been informed if there were Digimon on the loose, so she became curious.

The world was spinning out of control as the two Bakugan rolled under chairs and desks. To look at them, they were only going about the speed of a marble. Maybe a pool ball after being launched with the cue, but no faster. To be them, you wouldn't be able to tell you were going so slow. But the thing that nearly got Lalamon to laugh out loud in spite of herself, was that these two idiots were bouncing off chair legs, desk legs, and each other as if this classroom was a pinball machine.

Lalamon lost track of time while watching them. Before she knew it Dante was excusing everyone for lunch.

Yoshi put her books in her bag. Thomas was already done with this chore and getting up.

"I'm going to go across the street to meet Relena."

"Okay, I'll meet you over there."

Thomas was the first one out.

Marucho pulled his backpack up off the ground as Shun did the same. At the podium Dante was taking his time. He wanted all the students to leave before he moved the card. but this wasn't the only reason he remained longer. He felt an energy. A similar energy to the card he had and an exact energy to the marble he had had. There was a new energy, just a quick burst, as Yoshino left the room.