V. The Missing Class

*Each superscript number throughout the chapter corresponds with a number in ZERO: Cascadia Rising, an MHA/Fairy Tail crossover story that also coincides with this one, since they were written at the same time.

        *1Dante woke up with a groan. He looked up at his ceiling. No longer on the case, and school being out for his class, what was he supposed to do today?

"This is shaping up to be a marvelous vacation," he commented sarcastically to himself. Dante got up out of bed and prepared himself for the rest of the day. He showered and cleaned his sun glasses. He set his coat out on the bed, ready for when it was time to go. Then he went to the kitchen for breakfast. The previous night he had left the marble on the kitchen table with no glass objects nearby. Now it was gone. Oh no not again!!! As so the search started.

He searched the kitchen first, then went back to his room. After that he searched the small living room area. Dante looked around and under the furniture until finally he heard something rolling. He looked over toward the door and, sure enough, the marble was on its way. "There you are!"

The marble stopped in its tracks.

Dante went over and picked it up. "Alright you, listen." He stopped and looked at the ceiling. "And now I'm talking to a toy. Great. Maybe Metz was right." Dante sighed and put the marble in his pants pocket. "Well since you're still the only thing around, I guess it's not too big a problem, me talking to you. Don't worry, we'll be going outside today. I need to take a walk and find something else to do on my days off." He headed back to the kitchen now. "But more on that later. Breakfast first."

Miles away Thomas stood in the airport, waiting for the arrival of his little sister. Many people were coming through the gates and he was starting to get concerned. Then he spotted her. She was in a lilac dress. Her long blond hair was tied up in a ponytail. A maid was following her.

"Relena!"

Relena Norstein heard her brother's call. She looked around and finally spotted him. Raising her hand in greeting, she ran toward Thomas. "Tommy!!!"

Thomas knelt down and embraced Relena. "It's good to see you, Relena! How was the flight?"

"It was fun, Tommy!" She said excitedly. She looked around before whispering into his ear, "Did you bring the puppy?"

"He's waiting for us in the car," her brother laughed.

She clapped happily. The maid caught up to them about this time so they headed out to the car.

Yoshino, Marcus, and Keenan were all waiting for them, keeping Thomas' puppy company.

"Tommy," Relena said, pulling on her brother's sleeve.

"Yes, Relena?"

She pointed at the three. "Who are they?"

He looked at them before giving her a reassuring smile. "They're some of my friends."

Relena clapped. "Can I meet them, Tommy?"

"Of course."

Marcus was getting annoyed. "When are they coming back, Gaomon?"

Gaomon, a blue-and-white akita looking animal that stood on his hind legs and wore red and black boxing gloves, looked out at Marcus. He was getting quite annoyed. "You realize you could've waited at Thomas' house right?"

"There they are!" Keenan yelled, pointing to the approaching Norstein siblings.

Yoshino waved with one hand and cupped the other around her mouth. "Hey you guys!"