VI. Another Day, Another Class

That night the boys agreed on a sleepover. They had stayed at Shun's to figure out how to get the Bakugan, so they planned to stay at Marucho's now that they had it.

"Well?"

After stopping at Shun's once more for his clothes they had gone to Marucho's. Shun had carefully placed the Ventus Bakugan on a table in the other boy's room. Now they were both down on their knees, eye level with the table, observing the Bakugan. But so far it hadn't moved.

Marucho rocked back on his ankles, falling on his backside. "It hasn't moved even a little since we got it."

Shun thought for a second. "Maybe we should go get something to eat."

"But we ju-"

"I'm kind of hungry." Shun gave Marucho a look that said "follow along."

Marucho was curious. "I am a little hungry too..."

Shun and Marucho got to their feet. They looked at the sphere once more before heading to the door. It opened and they stepped out, then they pulled it to an almost closed position. The two boys peered through the crack in the door, watching, waiting. Finally the small green sphere started to shake. Then it popped open! Shun and Marucho looked at each other excitedly. They had been right!

Two feet popped out of the bottom of the sphere. As the two sides on the upper half went up in the form of wings, they revealed a lion head in the center with red eyes, a red nose, and red fangs. Its fake mane was a dark green. Two lion paws rested on either side of the head, with red claws protruding from the toes. It hopped up into the air and turned to the right. Then it did the same to the left. As if it were examining the room for signs of trouble. The wings and feet popped back in. It rolled to the edge of the table, then rolled off.

"A Griffon!" Marucho whispered, looking up at Shun with excitement.

Shun nodded. He pushed the door open.

The Griffon stopped a split second later.

He sat down cross-legged in front of it. "How did you get here? Shouldn't you be in New Vestroia with the other Bakugan?"

It was still for a second. Then it popped open. "I'm- How-"

"I'm Shun." Shun motioned to Marucho. "That's Marucho."

"Marucho??" The Bakugan, who sounded male, got excited. He hopped to where he was looking at Marucho. "Master Preyas talks about you all of the time!"

"Preyas?" Marucho was just as excited.

"In the flesh!"

All three turned to the window sill where another Bakugan sat. This one was blue. The top half of his spherical body was thrown back like a used up parachute. Two green crescent-shaped feet had popped out of the bottom half. His head consisted of a blue dome with red eyes, and a purple ring around his nose and the back of his head. His arms were spread out as if inviting you for a hug. Two purple fingers and a purple thumb adorned the end of each arm.

"Preyas!!!"

"Marucho!"

The blond boy ran over and picked up the Bakugan. He hugged him close to his face.

"Tommy?"

Thomas was tucking Relena into bed. It was pretty late and they'd had a long day. "Yes, Relena?"