Chapter 19: Conflict

Natsu's Pov

Lisanna has been acting strange lately. A few days have passed since our project was revealed,  and she's been all clingy. She's never been like this before.  At this rate, me and Lucy will never start our project.  I have to make some time,  I have to speak to Lisanna,  my grades are important to me,  ahhhh who am I kidding,  i want to spend time with Lucy.

I can't tell Lisanna that,  she'll throw a fit! During lunch break,  Lisanna was draped around me, she was making it known that I'm with her. So i pecked her cheek and told her I'll be back in a second.

"And exactly where are you off to?" she questioned.

"I need to ask Lucy something about the project", i replied nervously.

I could see she was getting mad, but I have to start somewhere.

Lucy was surrounded by all her friends,  she's even made friends with Gajeel,  who would have thought. 

"Err,  Lucy?" I stuttered.

"Ahhhh look who's escaped from the clutches of the evil ice queen", laughed Gajeel,  while high five'ing Gray.  Levy punched his arm.

"Oww that hurt shorty", he cried sarcastically.

My face turned red with embarrassment. I turned round to see if Lisanna heard,  but she was busy looking in her mirror.

"Hi Natsu,  what's up?" I heard a sweet voice ask. It was Lucy.

"I was wondering,  isn't it about time we started our project? " I was so nervous,  all her friends were just staring at me.

"Someones eager "' sniggered Gray.  Both him and Gajeel really have it in for me.

"Just ignore the two goof balls, they have no manners", shouted Erza,  while punching both of them, both of them were at her mercy.  I never knew she was this scary, she's always been the quiet type. So i just smiled and thanked her.

"Oh, i was just going to ask you the same thing", laughed Lucy. "Well,  why don't you come down to mine tomorrow after school,  it is Friday too, so we can use the time wisely, also Erza and Gray will be coming along to", she continued.

Did Lucy just invite me to her house?

"Yeah,  sounds great", i replied .

"Great,  I'll meet you after school tomorrow", she said hesitantly, as she gave Lisanna a quick glance.

I smiled and walked away.  Lisanna kept asking me why I had gone up to that group of friends.  I told her,  I had to arrange a meeting with Lucy regarding our work.

"Your going to be alone with her", She shouted.

Every head was turned,  including Lucy and them.

"Keep it down,  your making a scene!" I whisper,  while trying to calm her down,  but she was having none of it. She got up and marched up to Lucy.

"Listen blondie,  if you think for a second that you've won or are even thinking about making a move on my man, you'll regret it!" she yelled.

I thought for sure that Lucy would get intimidated,  but I was wrong.

"Won what exactly?  He's your man, but I just happened to be paired with him, oh and another thing,  I'm already taken! " replied Lucy.

She wasn't phased by Lisanna at all. All her friends were surprised too, but in a good way.  Steam was literally coming out of Lisanna's head, no one had ever stood up to her like that before,  she was fuming.

She stomped her feet,  screamed in frustration and ran off. Obviously I was going to have to chase after her.

Gray's Pov

I have never seen Lisanna like that before,  she's had that coming anyway,  but I would never have guessed our Lucy standing up to her like that. I felt smug.

Erza,  Levy and Juvia were like 'you go girl' and 'you tell her Lucy'.

I just want to know who this mysterious boyfriend of Lucy is. I guess all of us do.