☆1☆

& Kim Sunwoo &

Sunwoo hummed a song quietly to himself as he waited to be seated for dinner.

He had just gotten back into town from visiting his mom and he was absolutely starving.

"Hi, just one for tonight?" The waitress asked him with a smile.

"Yes, please." Sunwoo replied.

"Okay, would you like a booth or a regular table?" She asked, pulling out a menu for him.

"A booth, please." Sunwoo replied again.

"Alright, follow me." She said, walking ahead.

She seated Sunwoo and handed him his menu.

"Someone will be right out to take your order."

"Thank you."

Sunwoo opened up his menu, weighing his options. Even though he always ordered the same thing he still liked to look at the menu.

Though it seemed like it, this restaurant wasn't all that fancy. Sunwoo's go-to was always some type of ramen.

Sunwoo put down the menu and scanned the restaurant. That's when he noticed a little boy sitting alone a few tables away, a few crayons scattered around the table and a coloring book.

The little boy seemed to be about 5 maybe six years old, definitely way too young to be at a restaurant in the middle of the city alone late at night.

Sunwoo wondered if he should maybe ask the boy where his parents are. He stood up and slowly walked his way.

"Hey, buddy." Sunwoo smiled softly.

The little boy looked up at him cautiously but didn't say a word.

"What's your name?" Sunwoo asked.

"Daddy says I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." The boy said with a frown.

Sunwoo chuckled.

"Your daddy has taught you well. My name is Sunwoo." Sunwoo held out his hand for the boy to shake.

The boy took it slowly.

"I'm Yeonjun." The boy said.

"Say Yeonjun, where is your daddy?" Sunwoo asked.

"He's working, he told me to wait for him here and to look for him if I get scared." Yeonjun said, continuing with his coloring.

"Your daddy works here?" Sunwoo asked.

Yeonjun nodded firmly. "Mhmm."

Sunwoo made an "ahh" sound. He looked down at the paper Yeonjun was coloring on.

"What are you drawing there?"

"Me and daddy at the park. Daddy likes to play with me at the park when he doesn't have to work." Yeonjun said with a big smile.

He saw only two stick figures on the paper.

So no mom. That must be rough.

"That's so cool, what games do you play?"

"Our favorite game is hide and seek. I always win because daddy isn't very good at hiding." Yeonjun giggled.

Sunwoo felt himself smiling from ear to ear, this child was so endearing. Sunwoo always loved children, getting out of university he wanted to become a teacher.

"I'm really good at hide and seek." Sunwoo feigned a smug look.

Yeonjuns eyes lit up like fireworks. "Really? Me too!"