Chapter 16

Yesterday, Bianca posted on her Snapchat story. She posted a picture of me and Leah kissing at McDonald's. She wrote over it saying:

Look at these two kissing. Looks like Naomi just kisses anyone. Who will she kiss next?

I was angry. Why does she always have to see things she doesn't need to see? Not only that, but she posted my phone number on the picture.

So, my phone has been blowing up. People have been texting me hateful words and saying homophobic things.

This morning I was about to walk inside of school. I was not ready.

I walked inside of my high school. Trying not to make eye contact with anyone. As I passed by people. They would quiet down and start whispering.

I opened my locker and Leah walked up to me.

"Hey..." said Leah.

"Hi, I'm so sorry," I apologized frowning.

"We can't be blaming ourselves. It's not our fault, it's Bianca's," said Leah.

"But I always ruin everything," I sighed.

"You didn't ruin our relationship," smiled Leah.

"Wait really? I was so sure you were going to break up with me over this," I said in shock.

"I wouldn't break up with you over a photo," said Leah laughing.

She gave me a quick tight hug.

"A photo won't ruin how much I love you," smiled Leah.

"Disgusting!" Shouted a student in the hallway.

"Mind your business," I said.

"Shut up. All you do is kiss people," said another student.

"And all you guys do is bother us," said Leah with a slight smirk.

"But it's weird," said the student.

"Boy, shut up. It's not your life," I sassed.

"I'm just saying my opinion," said the boy.

"Your very wrong opinion," I said.

The bell rang. Me and Leah walked to our 1st-period class, social studies.

The teacher wasn't in the room. The students were in the room unattended.

We walked inside. All eyes went on us. The people who were talking went silent.

I couldn't look at Bianca. She was just smiling. Like everything was perfect. I was slowly filling with rage and my fist was clenched.

I stomped up to Bianca's desk and I looked my angry eyes into hers.

"Hey lesbo, wanna kiss every girl in this classroom?" joked Bianca.

Some students began to chuckle.

"I will murder you," I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say? You see I don't speak lesbian. Can you speak straight for me?" joked Bianca laughing.

Rage flowed through me like lava. My breathing began to be heavy and fast. My heart almost went out of my chest. My fist clenched up.

"I will murder you!" I shouted.

"You can't, you'll go to jail," smirked Bianca.

Leah walked over to me and whispered, "Let's go and ignore her."

I ignored her and grabbed a pencil off of Bianca's desk.

"You're going to hurt me with a pencil," laughed Bianca.