Carly's Point of view- The walk

Wow Mason is great. Not only did he remembered that I like Italian food but he’s great, so funny. The first date I went on without it being awkward because Mason can actually keep a conversation going. There was barely an silent moments. So far this is going great. We order our food and we talked as we waiting. It just talked about whatever there was. We asked each other question. Even though we knew a lot about each other, from facetiming and everything. We ended up talking about a book we both read when the food came out, it went silent and we just eat, it was a little awkward at this point. We ate then went back and forth over who was going to pay the bill so we both split it. We sat at the table for a few more minutes and talked about a few more things before Mason asked if I was ready for the walk. I told him yes and we left the restaurant.

We started to walk to the pond that we were going too. The walk was kind of long I have to say that and it was kinda cold too. I mean I had a jacket on but it wasn’t all that heavy. Mason took my hand as we were walking. I looked at him and smiled. He did the same. “are you okay?” he asked me. Do I look miserable, well the cold is making me miserable but I didn’t think I was showing it. “Yeah, just cold.” I told him giving him a small smile. “Here, you can use my jacket.” He let go of my hand and wrapped his jacket around me I smiled at how kind he was “thank you.” I said to him. “No problem.” He said back. He took my hand again and we continued to walk. I wonder how he thinks this date is going? Does he like me? He must if he’s holding my hand, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions. He could just be being nice. I don’t know, wish I knew what he thought because meeting him made me realize how much I liked him. I never thought I liked him when we facetimed I always had mixed feeling. Whenever my friends would ask me if I liked him I always would tell them “I don’t know.” Maybe I wasn’t sure if I was ready to admit that I liked him but now I know it really is true. Should I tell him I like him? But I don’t want to make it awkward if he doesn’t like me back it would kinda ruin the date. What If I tell him at the end of the date when he walks me back to the park we went at. I could just let him know and just walk away before he could say anything. But how would I know if he liked me back you think he would chase after me like you see in the movies? Probably not that stuff isn’t real. Wow. I wish I could just read his mind. That would make it some much easier for me. My goodness being a girl can be horrible sometimes, I’m over thinking way too much right now, Poor Mason must think I’m bored or something because the walk is quite. So I started a conversation asking about his family and how his weekend was going with them. We talked about that for a bit and then a few minutes after we made it to the pond.