Carly's Point of View- Afterwards

Have you ever just met someone and it felt like you guys have known each others for years? You feel like you know so much about them but in reality you just met? Like you have been best friends for ever? I feel that way with Mason. I feel like he is my best friend. Like we had so much fun it felt like the fun you have with your own best friend. I know I sound crazy but it does feel like that. I connected with him and he connected with me. I just never had so much fun on a date. I really wish we didn’t live so far away. I had such a good time with him and I definetly want to see him again. I don’t want it to be like one of those dates where you go out once and never talk to each other again but with my luck that will happen. I just don’t want this day to end I want it to last forever.

Remember how the walk to the pond was awkward? Well the back to the park wasn’t. It was a lot of fun. We kept pushing each other back and forth. We talked about anything that came to mind, we had good laughs. Mason made fun of me for not knowing how to skip a rock and I made fun of him making fun of me if that even makes sense. It was great though. Everything just felt so unreal. I don’t want it to end. When we got to the park, I avoided saying goodbye, but so didn’t Mason. Then we got to the bench where we first met. I looked at Mason and Mason was staring at the ground. I think that he didn’t want this day to end there so finally I said something “I don’t want to go yet. Today has just been so perfect.” Mason looked up at me and said “Then we will continue it.” he smiled. God his smile was so cute. I smiled just looking at him. “what are we going to do then?” I asked him. Mason made a thinking face which made me laugh. “lets go see a movie then. There one not to far from here. I can drive us then when the movie ends I can drive you back here.” I nodded and said “yeah that sounds fun. Lets do it.” Mason gave me a smile and took my hand as we walked to his car. When we go to his car he opened the door for me. I smiled got in the car and said “thank you.” Mason closed the door and walked over to the passenger seat. He opened the door and  got into the car and said “you’re welcome. Now buckle up.” I put on my seatbelt and so didn’t Mason. He turn on the car “you can pick a radio station.” He said as he was driving off. I just put on 103.3 because thats the only station I could think of. As we were driving Mason started singing. He sure had the guts to do it. He was pretty bad and he didn’t know the lyrics to the songs which made it funnier. He wanted me to sing to him but I told him don’t sing in front of people he called me a loser.

Once we got to the movies and we were inside we literally had the hardest time picking a movie. He wanted to see a scary movie but I didn’t because I afraid. I wanted to see a kids movie. We rocked paper scissors over it. I lost. He bought the tickets and I bought the food and drinks because I wasn’t letting him pay for everything. When we got into the movie theater I said “you know I’m not going to be able to watch this I hate scary movies.” “Well I’ll save you from the scary monsters okay?” He said to me as if I was a child. “haha.” I said. We sat down in our seats and talked until the credits came on. I was nervous as hell. I really don’t like scary movies.

The movie started and I was already freaking out yet nothing scary happened. About like 20 minutes into the movie Mason put his arm around me. It got to a point in the movie where I just hide Mason pulled me into him. It was kinda awkward because of how scared I was. But when the movie was over and we were walking back to his car Mason said “that was cute you were so scared.” “It was not cute. I hate scary movies. You’re lucky I like you. I wanted to cry thats how scared I was” “I could tell. Its over now though.” “yeah no its not I’m going to be scared for the next few days. I won’t be able to handle myself.” “Carly I think you will be okay its not real.” “I know, but me and scary movies not a good comb. Did you at least like it?” “Yeah it was fine.” We got into his car and we drove off. “Well I hope you had a good day today.” Mason said. I smiled and said “I did. I hope you did too.” Mason nodded and said “I did. you’re a pretty awesome girl” I smiled and bit my lip. “thanks you’re pretty awesome yourself.” “thanks” he said. The ride back to the car was quite. Mason ended off dropping me off next to my car so I won’t have to walk to my car alone. When we go to my car. He pulled over and put his car in park and we both got out and walked over to my car. “well I guess this a goodbye” Mason said. “I guess it is.” I said back then I spoke again “I had a great time today and I would like to see you again I mean only if you want to.” Mason chuckled at my awkwardness and said “Of course, maybe next time it can be at a house and we can just chill. I’m pretty tired right now.” I smiled and said “yeah I am too and I would like that.” Mason looked at me. I wonder if he’s going to make a move. Mason then said “I’ll see you around?” he’s not going to make a move. I nodded. He pulled me in for a hug. I was kind of disappointed he didn’t kiss me yet. I pulled back a little and said “I should probably get going.” I turned around and unlocked my car then opened the door before getting it Mason said “wait. I’ll regret it later if I don’t do it now.” He turned me around and pulled me in for a kiss. My heart was pounding I had fireworks going around me. I can’t believe it happened. It really happened he kissed me. After the kiss he said “I’ll call you later okay?” I nodded and said “Okay.” We both got into our car. Mason drove off and I just sat there for a moment taking in what just happened. I had the biggest smile on my face. I did a little happy dance then I drove home.