Chapter Fifteen

"Daffodils?" A voice whispers behind me, startling me. I turn around, trying to spot the source of the sound.

"Where are you?" I call out the question, tilting my head and looking around once more. The grunting sound forces me to look up and spot him. He is sitting on the branch of a large tree. His large oak colored eyes are studying me carefully, his bloody red hair falling on his face. "Who are you?" I whisper at the boy, who I have never seen before. He chuckles, jumping in front of me and landing perfectly. He approaches me steadily, staring directly in my eyes.

"And why should I tell you?" He asks amused, his voice low.

"Because you are a ninja." I state with beaming smile. "But you are not ninja of Konoha." I state confidently. "You have no headband representing the village, thus you are rogue." I continue thinking loudly. I continue talking, not missing his amused face expression. "So, who are you, rogue-san?"

"You are quite amusing." He smiles kindly at me, kneeling in front of me and staring in my eyes. "I will tell you my name, if you keep it in a secret." He smiles at me with the smile, only Anko-chan and Ibiki-chan are giving me.

"I swear, but..." I trail off, looking away from him. "If you are no threat to my village." I mumble loud enough for him to hear. He chuckles, gently patting my head.

"My name is Sasori of The Red Sand." He states in low, whispering tone. "And don't worry, I am only passing this village." Sasori smiles down at me.

"My name is Sakura." I grin at the boy in front of me.

"And what are you doing here, Sakura-chan?" Sasori smiles, tilting his head slightly. "Aren't you afraid?" He asks me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Nope." I grin. "I have been coming here ever since I would walk." I smile confidently. "I know my way."

"What about ninjas, aren't you scared of them?" Sasori asks me with smile tugging his lips.

"Nope." I shake my head. "I could fight them!"

"How old are you, four?" Sasori chuckles.

"Four and Seven month." I puff in annoyance. "But I am strong." I add as soon as spot his face. "I look small, and weak, but I am strong! I can prove it!"

"How?" Sasori laughs loudly. "Do you know why I have been called Sasori of the red sand?" He smiles, when I shake my head. "I am from Suna, and I have been coloring sand with the blood of my foes." He watches me, waiting for my reaction.

But I look at him with awe and respect. No one, not even Anko-chan, talks about killing so freely in front of me. All of them stating, that I was too young to know about death and murder. But I have always known that if I wanted to become strong shinobi, I had to kill at some point in my life.

"Teach me." I shout suddenly, taking a boy back.

"What?" He asks me confused.

"Teach me. I promise to do everything you tell me." I start blabbering loudly, excitement building in my body. "I want to be stronger than I am now and I want you to teach me."  I state with large smile plastered on my face. I eye him, hesitating to answer me.

"Okay." He sighs, rubbing his temples slowly. "But I don't want you to complain or whine, you get it?" His voice becomes strict, his face morphing into cold expression.