The Interview

WE DO NOT OWN REMY, OR Ratatouille.

It was a mild day in Paris, the sound of Y/N's swift walking filled the empty streets. After 3 days of looking for jobs with no results, it seemed like Paris had no space for them....

As dusk arrived, Y/N was about to give up their search for the day when from the corner of their eye, a help wanted sign illuminated the dark sky 

'Chef needed at Gusteau's!' Was written in bold, yellow letters. As curiosity got the best of Y/N, they walked in slowly, only to be greeted with the best smelling Garbure that Y/N has ever inhaled. It was like the ham, the cabbage, and the cheese was coming together to welcome them into the warm, elegant restaurant. A grey, masculine, handsome rat approached. ''That's not very sanitary for such a lovely restaurant.'' Gasped Y/N, slightly shocked. ''Pardon?'' Replied the rat, smirking. ''I just took a shower 2 hours ago thank you very much.'' It teased. ''I'm Remy, the manager here.''

Y/N was speechless. A rat. As a manager at the most popular restaurant in Paris. ''Ehm, I'm here for a job.. you were hiring?'' Y/N finally spoke.

''Indeed so! Can you cook?'' Asked the rat. ''I suppose I can, mostly soup but I can try other dishes.'' Said Y/N. ''Come to the kitchen, lets see what you can do.'' Sighed Remy 

~~Remy's POV~~

Watching Y/N cook was like watching angels sing. Their graceful movement from shelf to shelf finding the right herbs, is this what they meant by love at first sight? After 2 hours of so, Y/N's smooth voice emerged from the other side of the kitchen. ''I'm done! I made Coq au vin!'' 

We sat at a polished dark oak vintage table with a cream table cloth and a white candle flickering rapidly, like my heart beat as Y/N's deep blue eyes looked at me. As I take a bite of the chicken, the flavour bursts in my mouth, every single ingredient become clear as they dance in harmony on my tongue. After seeing my excitement, I could see Y/N sigh in relief. 

''You're hired'' I blurted. They looked up at me with wide eyes, it must have been surprising to them. ''Really? Oh thank you so much sir!'' They grinned. ''Just call me Remy, Y/N''  I said.