𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

Cha Hyunsu was going through the resident's requests to take stuff from their apartments and happened to pass by. No survivors in their group lived in floor 13th, but it didn't hurt to check the floor our for any resources, as per Lee Eunhyeok's words. He walked slowly and carefully, but stopped in front of a creaking door as it opened. He pointed his electric spear that Han Dusik made for him towards the door.

Hyunsu waited in anticipation as the door opened. It all felt so slow. He frowned as the earphone he was using didn't produce any sound as a sign of monsters nearby.

The door opened fully to reveal a girl around Hyunsu's age, carrying a trash bag outside of her apartment. She was wearing headphones that wires lead to the phone she was holding on her left hand. She was dressed pretty comfortable with an oversized black shirt and pyjama pants that are a little over her heels. She was also using pink sandals that looks a little too big for her.

The girl noticed Hyunsu's shocked face and looked at him up and down. She put her trash outside her door and leaned on her door.

"Hello?" The girl said as she waved her hands in front of Hyunsu's face and snapped him out of his trance.

"Ah, hello..." Hyunsu said with a small voice. His grip on his spear untightened and he stood straighter. The girl looked at him, thinking. She suddenly held Hyunsu's face in her right hand and made him do a fish face. She turned his face left, then right, analysing him.

"U-uh sorry?" Hyunsu stuttered as she patted his body and turned him around.

"You look like you went through a lot, but you aren't hurt." She said. Just as she was going to touch his right arm, Hyunsu flinched and hid his arm behind him.

The girl sighed and crossed her arm.

"Come inside, then." She held the door open for him and Hyunsu reluctantly went inside.

He looked around the room and saw that instead of the run down apartments that he had seen or he had been in to search for the things residents that are in the first floor requested, it looked like a high technology room.

Hyunsu first noticed the desk setup the girl had. There were two screens, beside that was a CPU and a keyboard along with a mouse that produced lights that were apparently was set up. There was also a big bookshelf that took a whole wall space and it was filled with books. Hyun-su strangely felt curious and examined the titles, and didn't notice the girl who went to her kitchen area.

"Home Gardening... Eco Energy... Survival 101... First Aid for Emergencies... Coding 101... Machinery and How it Works... Weapons and How it was Made..." Hyunsu read out the book titles as he went more inside the room.

"Nice collection, huh?" She said proudly as she carried a tray and put it in her dining table. Hyunsu looked at her unsurely. She sat down and motioned for him to sit in front of her. Hyunsu relucantly followed and sat down timidly and leaned his spear on the wall.

The girl laughed and took some food that she supposedly made and put it on the plate in front of Hyun-su.

"Ah, thanks..." Hyunsu said shyly. He watched as the girl ate the fried vegetable she made and relucantly dig in his food too.

"Oh yeah, I haven't introduced myself, have I?" She put down her chopsticks and poured herself a drink,

"I'm Geum Bora. How about you?" She introduced herself and asked back to him as she poured him a cup of water.

"I'm Cha Hyunsu..." He took a little sip of his water and drank.

"How are you... Surviving all of this?"

Bora simply tapped her head and smiled. "I have this brain of mine," Then she pointed to her balcony, which was covered in a layer of plastic for protection, "And my vegetable farm."

Hyunsu's eyes followed the line of sight to the balcony.

"...And the electricity?"

"I have my own generator! I made it a few years ago for a project and attached them to some solar panels..."

"All of this... On your own...?"

Bora stared at him blankly.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not into people, you know?" Bora leaned closer, "I'm invisible to them. I've always have been."

Hyunsu kind of felt that sentence a little bit.

"And I prefer to stay that way." She said resolutely.

"Did you... Did you know that there are survivors on the first floor?"

"Are you telling me to come down?" Bora frowned. She leaned back and crossed her arms. "I've heard the announcement. I won't do it."

"But..."

"I'm staying here. I have everything I need in this room to survive."

"But when it runs out...?" Hyunsu countered, making Bora flinch. "What will you do then?"

"I guess I'll die." She answered simply and continued eating, "Eat up. I'm kicking you out after you eat."

It was a lie if he said her words didn't hurt. But from her point of view, it was her own right. She must've preferred to be by herself than with people.

They finished eating in silence. Hyunsu eventually knew that it was his time to go back down. He stood up and went to the door, then turned aeound to face her.

"Thank you..."

Bora looked at him and sighed. "Wait a minute,"

Hyunsu's eyes followed along her figure as she took a plastic bag and went to her farm. She picked some vegetables and put it inside the bag, and went to her stash of medicine. She put some pills and some pads, tied up the bag, and went to the table to take a walkie talkie. She went back to Hyunsu and gave him the plastic bag.

"Give this to the survivors. Ration it so it lasts longer. If they ask, you found them when going through the rooms."

"Okay..."

"And... Is your leader the one whose voice was in the intercoms?"

Hyunsu thought of Lee Eunhyeok then. He was. Eunhyuk immediately took the leadership role when it all went down.

"Yes."

"Do you trust him?"

Hyunsu looked away at that, unsure of himself, making Bora sigh.

"Well, I don't know how you feel about him, but if you think he's at least smart and capable... Give this to him. And to him only." Bora passed him the walkie talkie.

"Tell him to use it only for emergencies."

"Okay." Hyunsu nodded and put the walkie talkie inside his bag. They went to the door and nodded to each other. As Hyunsu checked that it was clear outside, he looked back to Bora and closed the door, only to be held by her,

"Survive, Cha Hyunsu. I wish to see you again someday."

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

"What is this?" Eunhyeok took the plastic bag in confusion.

"I found it in one of the rooms." Hyunsu answered tiredly as Eunhyeok checked the contents of the plastic bag. It was vegetables, and some meds.

"How could you find this?" Eunhyeok asked again, not believing him. "It's been days,"

Hyunsu opened one of the bags he had and took out the walkie talkie.

"This is your answer..." Hyunsu stared blankly, "It's for emergencies only." Then he went to the cell that has grown to be his place.

Eunhyeok watched him go and looked back to the walkie talkie curiously.

Just what happened up there?

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧