Chapter 1 - The Time Machine.

¡This is set in the CGI 2015 series!

"Hey Alvin, have you seen Simon?" inquired the youngest green-clad brother, clutching a dull emerald book. "I need help with my homework."

"He's in his lab. Again." answered Alvin, sprawling his body across the red bed. "What homework do you need help with?"

Theodore stared at him as if he had gone mental. Since when did Alvin care for homework? His give-a-crap-o-meter for homework never existed, unless you count the rare time it had spiked up when Dave would reward him with a trip to the new water park. And that was a one time thing.

".. Physiology." replied Theodore somewhat reluctantly. "Study of the human body." he added to answer Alvin's look of confusion.

"Human body? Why'd you choose that?" As far as Alvin was concerned, the only relation of the human body that Theodore cared about was the stomach, for an obvious reason.

"Because.. Because Eleanor chose it too..' Theodore muttered, though Alvin still managed to hear it.

Alvin made a face that, if translated to words, meant: 'You have a crush~'

"Uhm Alvin, are you okay?" asked Theo.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're making a strange face. Are yo-you feeling well?"

"Oh-that. It's nothing. Hey, how about you ask Eleanor to help you with your homework?"

"You think she'll say yes?" Theodore perked up hopefully.

"Of course! Now go on, ask her, shoo. Scram!"

"Okay!" said Theodore, looking extremely delighted. And with that he left their bedroom.

"Oho, I'm a genius! I'm amazing! I'm incredible!" preened Alvin, prancing around on his bed. "I got my lil brother a date with his crush!"

"You got Theodore a date? With who, Eleanor?!"

Alvin turned around, surprised to see Simon in the bedroom, holding a complex hand drawn diagram and book.

"And look who finally decided to show up. What have you been doing in that lab of yours all day?"

"That's none of your business. Now answer my question, did you get Theodore a date with Eleanor?"

"Yes I did."

Simon gave him a disbelieving look. I mean, would you believe it if Alvin Seville, the all-time exaggerate-er, told you he got your little brother a date?

Okay, it's difficult to imagine a walking, talking, singing chipmunk - practically almost in human form -  complimenting himself in your bedroom brandishing a red cap with a yellow 'A' nd saying that they got your (possibly non-existent) brother a date.

You know what, just forget trying to imagine it.

"Okay.. Maybe not a date.." admitted Alvin sheepishly.

"That's more realistic." scoffed Simon.

"Whatever. I got him to go to Eleanor for homework help on studying human bodies or something."

"Physiology? Why'd he choose that class?"

"Apparently because Eleanor chose it too."

"Makes sense."

---

Simon grabbed his  transparent blue pencil case from his desk and headed back down stairs to the dark, gloomy basement.