same mark - shoto todoroki (soulmate AU)

*Todoroki is 18 in this, so basically everyone in class 1A are 2 years older now and in their last year.

''Y/n are you excited?'' Uraraka asked you. ''I am but I'm also kinda nervous.'' You smiled at her, you were turning 18 in a few minutes.

Turning 18 was a big deal, since when you turned 18, a mark appears on your neck, a mark that only one other person than you has, that person being your soulmate. You haven't been thinking about it too much, in all honesty the whole idea of a soulmate kinda freaks you out. It's not like you're in a relationship or like you're talking with anyone right now, you only have this small crush on one of your classmates, the half half bastard.

''I'm sure it'll be fine, don't stress about it y/n.'' Jirou said. ''Yeah exactly, maybe it's Todoroki!'' Hagakure said excitedly, you and a few other friends of yours were just sitting on the couch in the dorm rooms.

''What's the thing with Todoroki?'' Sero asked with a smirk. ''Nothing now shut up!'' You answered. ''There's still a chance he'll walk by you know.'' You mumbled quietly.

''Y/n just a few seconds left!'' Midoriya said. ''3...2...1...Happy birthday y/n!'' Everyone around you said with a big smile, making you smile too.

You thanked and hugged everyone, you tried to start a conversation to make them forget about the whole soulmate thing.

''So whats your mark?'' Mina asked with a big smile, you put your hair in a pony tail and looked in the mirror that one of the girls brought along.

''Wait..'' Kirishima said. ''What's up?'' You said looking at him. ''That's the same mark as Todoroki, I was right!'' Hagakure said, you hid the mark in shock, not knowing what to do.

Just like Todoroki heard his name being called out, he walked past you guys ''Hey happy birthday y/n'' He said with a soft smile, making you blush. He walked back to his dorm room after that, he had no clue that you guys just were talking about him, so you were safe for now.

''Why did you hide it?'' Sero asked you. ''There's no way I'm letting him see that, I know he doesn't like me that way.'' You said. ''Y/n.. I don't wanna make you sound stupid but he basically is your soulmate...'' Midoriya said, making you blush.

''I'll hide it for a bit and I'll see what happens okay? I'm gonna sleep now, goodnight you guys.'' you said after you guys sat there talking for hours. You hugged everyone bye and walked to your dorm room.

-Okay skip a few days/weeks later-

''Fuck fuck fuck'' You mumbled and quickly got changed into your school uniform, you slept a little too long, so you were late for class. You put your hair in a pony tail and check yourself in the mirror, before rushing to class. Just before you were about to knock on the door, realization hit you, you forgot to cover up the mark. Well a great way to start right? you carefully knocked on the door and walked in after you heard a ''Come in!'' from your teacher and you quickly sat next to Jirou.

''Jirou I forgot to cover it up.'' You whispered to her, hoping Todoroki didn't notice it yet, if he even looked your way. ''Maybe you should just confess, how long are you gonna keep avoiding him?'' She whispered back. ''But I don't wanna get rejected.'' You said nervously. ''Y/n he's your soulmate!'' She whisper yelled, making a few people including Todoroki look at you 2.

Todoroki noticed the mark on your neck and smiled bigly, his crush ended up being his soulmate. ''Heh y/n, can we talk after class?'' Todoroki asked you ''Y yeah ofcourse, i don't see why not.'' You answered and he nodded with a smile.

You nervously turned back to Jirou. "Okay kill me now, so I don't have to talk to him." You said, making her laugh and Sero turning his head to the 2 of you. "What are you guys talking abouuut?" He asked, making you turn red "About y/n her soulmate" Jirou answered with a smirk "Guys let's shut up about it, he can hear us" You mumbled while turning red "He he's basically one two seats away from y/n" Jirou teased, making Sero look around and land his eyes on Todoroki "There's no way you haven't told him yet!" He said, once again, making people in the class turn towards you guys. "If there's something you wanna talk about, go on and share it with the whole class." Aizawa said with an irritated tone, getting back in his sleeping bag, making everyone turn quiet.

Class finally ended and you were getting more nervous with the second. ''Good luck!'' Jirou whispered and walked out the class, everyone slowly left, leaving Todoroki and you alone in the class room. You were so nervous, that you didn't even notice the fact that Todoroki sat next to you.

''Hey y/n, did you hear what I said?" Todoroki asked you, making you jump a bit, he giggled at that. ''N no I didn't, what did you wanna talk about?'' You asked, while looking at him. He was doing the same thing, what resulted for you guys to have eye contact and for you to turn a shade of pink.

''Well I'm pretty sure you already know what it is..'' He started. ''The mark on your neck, it's the same as mine isn't it?'' He said, moving his hand to your neck, gently touching the mark. You got goosebumps and nodded, mumbling a quiet ''Yeah.''

''I'm glad it's you.'' He smiled at you. ''Not everyone ends up being soulmates with their crush.'' He said and moved closer to you. Did he just say you were his crush as well?

''W wait Todoroki-kun, y you like me too?'' you said and he nodded, leaning in. ''And from seeing your reaction I'm pretty sure it's the same way around.'' He whispered before kissing you.

He gently kissed you, his hand resting on your face. You carefully wrapped your arms around him, deepening the kiss. It felt like you were floating on cloud nine.

After a while you guys pulled back to breathe again, his forehead resting against yours, while he was smiling at you. ''That was great.'' He said and tucked a hair behind your ear. ''It really was.'' You smiled back at him, your arms still around him.

''That was sooo cute!'' You heard someone yell, resulting you and Todoroki to look at the door, where a few of your friends were. You blushed and looked at him, seeing him blushing as well.

Bonus :

''I can't believe you hid it at first babe.'' Todoroki laughed. ''I was scared okay!'' You answered him ''It's almost like you were embarrassed that I'm your soulmate.'' he teased you, making you pout.

He smiled and pecked your lips ''You know I'm kidding.'' He said. ''You know I love you.'' You mumbled, while holding him and resting your head on his chest.

Even though Todoroki didn't often show his feelings around people, he was a big softie around you.