An introduction

December 3rd, 2010

"Meet your new brother!" Hailey's dad said enthusiastically.

Hailey looked at Zander with an unpleased face.

Zander looked back the same way.

"His name is Zander. Say hi," Hailey's dad said.

"Hi," Hailey said quietly, as she didn't like her new brother so far.

"You too Zander, say hi," Zanders mom said.

"Hello," Zander said with his salty look he always had on his face.

"You guys can talk. Me and Hailey's dad are gonna go," said Zander's mom.

Zander's mom and Hailey's dad left.

"So what's your favorite color?" Hailey asked. She wanted to get this over with.

"Purple. What about you?" Zander said.

"Mines is pink," Hailey replied.

"Maybe she's not as bad as I thought," Zander thought, until Hailey spoke again.

"Ya know... Maybe we should just not talk," Hailey said.

"Why?" Zander felt slightly offended by her.

"I just don't wanna talk," Hailey said.

"Ok," Zander said. That was the last of their conversation. They refused to talk to each other for the rest of the day.

A few days after that they talked again.

"Hey," Hailey said.

"Hi," Zander said.

"why do you always wear girly-ish things?" Hailey asked. For her, it wasn't offensive at all, because she was just 5.

"That's the way I am," Zander said in an irritated-ish tone.

"Well I think it's weird!" Hailey said. She had noticed Zander's irritated tone and it irritated her because, for her, it was illogical to take that offensively.

"I think you're weird!" Zander said. And then they went off, until Zander's mom came into the room.

"What are you guys doing?" She said.

"She called the things I wear weird!" "He called me weird!" They both said at the same time.

"Guys, don't say that about each other-" Zander's mom tried to stop them.

"But she started it!" Zander said.

"No he did!" Hailey said.

The fighting got to the point where Zander's mom had to separate them.

As you can see, they did not get along well at all. And that was the start of all this...