Chapter 7

Cole's POV

I need cake. Right now.

Mum forgot to pack me strawberry shortcake. I think it's because of her bad memory. I mean, I need cake to survive. Without cake, I might die.

"Hey, correct the puncua- COLE! What are you doing? Writing what I'm saying in your journal?" Exclaimed Kai, my new friend that was sitting with me, and this girl (his sister) and this other girl (an old woman).

"I am not an old woman, black-haired boy," huffed the old woman as she looked at me writing in my black journal.

"Okay!" I threw my hands in the air. "What's your name then?"

"Tell me your name first."

"My name is Cole The Best," I beamed. Yet the old woman—

"Oh please, stop!" The old woman — girl — hey — oh please —

"Okay, Cole The Worst. I'm gonna just let you SHUT UP and I'm gonna say my name's Harumi." Harumi snorted. She peeked over my shoulder. "Please, correct your grammar over there." She pointed at my 'Cole The Best' part. 

"Oh wow," I rolled my eyes. She's so stupid.

"Argh!" Harumi screamed. She grabbed Kai's sister's hand and stomped away.

Na na na na boo boo. 

"Cole, teach me your girl-tormenting ways," said Kai.

"I thought you flirted with them," I whispered so nobody could hear. I mean, nobody would, because they were all out of ear-shot.

"Bruh, why do you keep on writing what I say down?" Kai groaned.

I grinned — mischievously. "Because this is one of those ways."

Kai rolled his eyes, wearing a wary smile.

I nibbled on an apple Mum had packed me. I dunno why Kai isn't eating lunch. I mean, he has to. But it seems like he hasn't got any—

"I have," he glared, folding his arms. "I just don't wanna eat it."

"You are a demon," I stated.

I received another pair of rolling eyes.

Why do I always get the rolling eyes?

Then the bell rang, and I whimpered a little as I shoved my lunchbox in my locker.

NYA'S POV

This was about the same time as Cole's POV

Cole was staring sadly in his lunchbox like a sad puppy.

He looked hilarious.

"Why no cake?" He asked. Then he grabbed a pencil, still having The Sad Face on his face, and started writing in his journal.

I need cake. Right now.

Mum forgot to pack me strawberry shortcake. I think it's because of her bad memory. I mean, I need cake to survive. Without cake, I might die, he wrote.

I stifled a laugh while Kai and Harumi pffted. 

Pffting is a trait that I didn't get from my family. My dad pffts a lot, so does my mum (only at numerous occasions, though, like that time when Kai convinced my dad to buy lollies for him by saying 'Lollies are nutritious and good for your health, dad' and when my dad asked 'how did you know?' he answered 'well I saw it on the Lollies packet and every lollies packet and they rated 5 stars' but that was when Kai was seven sooooooo) and Kai pffts too much.

I guess Mulan pffts too.

****

I am so sorry for THE BIG BLANK! I have school now, I have to catch up on numerous video chats with friends, and I need to reconcile bonds too after lockdown and holiday. Also, I dunno why, but I unpublished The Silver Ninja because I have to think of new ideas for the following chapters. Thanks for understanding!

I also need to write the last chapter for Fireworks, one of the diary entries.

Goodbye!