Chap 2 - Nice to meet you

It was now early morning. Tony's phone was ringing. Yestersay several people had realized that Tony had left the party without telling anyone, and were texting him to ask where he was.

The sound of the notifications ended up woking up the mermaid.
Still with her eyes closed, she groaned in relaxation as she felt the warm water and soft soap bubbles around her body.

After a few seconds she opened her eyes wide, realizing what was happening. She was no longer in the ocean, not even in a lake, a river or any other water range.
She was clearly in the human world. She placed a hand over her eyes to hide the sun that was falling on the room and looked around her.

Her gaze was immediately drawn to the man sleeping just next to her, leaning against the edge of the bathtub, in a position that did not look very comfortable.

She bent her head and let herself sink gently into the water, taking great care not to make any noise, to get even closer to the man.
She stayed like that for a few moments looking at him and admiring him.
She had never seen such a handsome man. She held her chest. There was a sensation in her heart that she had never felt before.

Looking around her she then saw a small table where Tony had previously placed cookies for her in case she's hungry and whe wakes up. She took one and ate it. Indeed, she was starving.

Once the cookie was finished she took gathered her courage and decided to wake her savior.
She gently brought her hand close to him and ran it through his silky hair, which woke him up.

"Hey you" he said, raising his head and looking at her with his beautiful hazelnut eyes.
He smiled at her and the mermaid replied with a smile too.

"Thank you," she said shyly, "for saving me, and for all this," pointing at all the little things he had done for her.
"Oh, that's nothing." he replied.
"Who are you? She asked.
"Anthony Edward Stark at your service. Who are you?"
"My name is Y/N"
"Nice to meet you Y/N."
Tony reached out his hand. The mermaid looked at it and gave him her hand, assuming that this is the right thing to do, and Tony shook it.

He stood up and glanced at her tail. "So you are... a mermaid. What are you doing here? I've never seen a mermaid in a river before... I've never even seen a mermaid before."
"We hide from men and never talk to them. We learn that they are dangerous."

"But you're not afraid of me." Tony remarked.
"Maybe I'm more reckless than the average mermaid?" Joked the mermaid raising an eyebrow, which made Tony laugh.

"No" she continued more seriously. "The truth is that mermaids can easily sense who people really are. And you Tony, you have the purest heart I've ever felt."
That answer made Tony smile the sweetest smile, almost not believing in it.

" That answer made Tony smile the sweetest smile, almost not believing in it

"And you, aren't you afraid of me?" Asked the woman.
"No, I'm not. Should I?" He smirks.
"No," she laughed. "I am not dangerous but most humans are afraid of "creatures" like me. But I would never hurt you, Anthony."
"You can call me Tony".