Chap 15 - New future

Everything was going so well for Tony. His project had been validated, he didn't have to stress about it anymore, and on top of that, he still couldn't believe it but he was accompanied by Y/N who could now walk beside him.

Everything was so uncertain and new and yet incredible. He didn't want to change anything.

Even the boring men in front of them who were more concerned with complimenting each other on their personal achievements, rather than worrying about the world, and rather than actually talking to Tony and Y/N, didn't bother him at all.

He breathed in the fresh evening air and relaxed in his chair. It had been so long since he had felt like this.

For Y/N everything was just as incredible. It was her first day, and even her first minutes as a human, and she was sharing it with Tony.

And on top of that, she could see him succeeding in what he had undertaken. Maybe he would finally receive the recognition he so richly deserves! She thought.

She looked around her, at the people talking, eating, dancing.. the music, the pavilions and the few rides that had been set up a little further into the village and whose lights could be seen from here. She just wanted to get out of that table, take Tony by the hand and share everything with him.

After a few long minutes Y/N quietly yawned. But because she had not been so discreet, or because Tony was looking at her out of the corner of his eye, he noticed and turned his head towards her.
The two of them looked at each other, Y/N's eyes were wide as if she had done something wrong but Tony looked at her with playfull eyes and reassures her by discreetly rolled his eyes to show that he was bored too .
Y/N held back a laugh.

After a few others minutes and after finding enough confidence, Y/N said in her Tony Stark's assistant voice:
"Oh Mr. Stark? Didn't you tell me we had to talk? You know, about this thing? It has to be settled absolutely by tomorrow."

"Oh a new secret project Mr. Stark?" Asked one of the man
"Oh yes, sorry, I had fogotten. You know I have so much in mind. I don't even know what I ate this morning" he said as he got up from his chair while the men laughted
"I'm sorry but we have to go".

"Thanks for saving me," Tony whispered in Y/N's ear before winking at her, as they walked away from the restaurant area of the square.
"They talked a lot to say nothing, didn't they?" whispered Y/N. "Welcome to this world" Tony joked.

Tony moved Y/N to the side where there was less noise and less commotion

Tony moved Y/N to the side where there was less noise and less commotion. He had her arm behind her back and his hand was holding her arm. He gently slid his thumb over her skin and Y/N shivered.

"I still can't believe my little mermaid has legs," Tony said with a smile.
Y/N mirrored his smile. "What are you going to do with me now?" She asked.
"I won't be able to sleep in a bathtub anymore" she laughed "and your friends will wonder who I am"