Chapter 15 - The Perpetual Sunset

Mentioned ocs:

Hyūga Mika: Sei's sister, lady-in-waiting and bodyguard. About seventeen years old.

Kyoko: Hashirama's house stewardess.

He promised the rescue would only take a week. For two weeks Sei waited patiently for Tobirama to return from his voyage. The moon and stars in the night sky gave her no indication of his hopeful return. She thought the worst. However she knew he would never die at sea. He after all had the soul of a water dragon.

After two weeks her brother returned home with a message containing the problems Tobirama was facing. He stated that Tobirama had encountered a scaled sea monster. Tobirama came up with plan to save the ship and his compatriots... He would be a decoy. She mournfully cried thinking again the worst situation. 'Tobira that damned autarchic fool! Could he have thought of me before he made such a decision?'

In cause to her fruitful state she was forbaded from looking after her father whom was wounded horribly by the onikage. Sei stayed in her chambers occupying herself with studies and pleasure reading. She blamed herself for her father's painful injuries. Nevertheless it would not be the lacerations that would kill him.

Two months had gone by without her lover's return. Nevertheless, The blazing sun of May offered many opportunities for upstarts. From down the hall she heard the ruckus of the young maid Mika running down the hall encroaching closer to her room. She opened Sei's chamber door without addressing herself.

"Lady Sei! Lord Madara Uchiha! He's here to speak to you..." She snuffles wiping her nose on her sleeve, "Brought several of his men with him... Quite scary."

Madara appeared shortly after Mika's warning. He stood there waiting for the teenage girl to finish. Sei's sleepy eyes shifted to Madara's dark figure. His stone cold expression reminded her of the first time she had seen him at the party.

She spoke to him, "What are you doing here? Mada? How did you get in?"

He answered entering her room,"Your brother let me in."

Sei stood up to meet him. She teased covering the smile on her mouth, "Oh, That's why..."

Madara's powerful gaze met her own. He stated frankly, "I will be to the point: I want you to marry me... You cannot hide it any longer."

She sighed caressing her forehead, "As blunt, the right time and persistent as ever... Though you are right... Thanks to blabber mouth Aikiku everyone knows of our affair."

"With your hand you will make me eat my own words."

"Fiery... I always knew you were turned on when I slapped you."

He smiled brightly amusing his next sentence, "You will no longer sleep alone for I will be beside you."

She caught onto his intent, "Ahh, A proposal."

"With these arms I shall embrace you during times of sadness." He continued holding Sei around her waist. "When you are faced with harm I shall shield you with my own body... I order you to be mine."

Sei giggled shaking her head. She found his proposal fascinating, "All this time I have made nothing but excuses and played with your feelings. I was new to how someone could be honest with me and affectionate in the same. There is no one that can make me loose my cool like you, Madara. However I'm not of your clan so you can't order me to do anything. I already promised to marry another man."

Madara sneered, "Damn it! Woman! I'm grateful of your confession but you must understand. I will not let that mutt carry out his vendetta against me through playing your strings... I can't get you out of my mind... I love you. I would remain in perpetual dusk just to be beside you."