CH 18: FAIRY PERFORMERS

Hope everyone had a happy New Year. I also very much hope that 2021 won't be as insane as its predecessor.

It was another day in the never peaceful and always chaotic Fairy Tail. They were still in the middle of rebuilding the guild, but once everyone arrived to continue working, Mira gave them a happy announcement.

"Everyone, you can all take jobs again starting today! It's just a temporary counter, but do all the jobs you can!"

"YES!!"

The temporary Request Board was surrounded in no time by the excited wizards. Even those that usually didn't take any jobs rushed to find some quests for themselves to do so that they could bring back money for the guild.

Lucy sat by the temporary bar, watching her fellow guildmates in mild amusement, "What's with them? Usually, they're just hanging around not taking any jobs."

She wasn't exaggerating when she said that. Although Fairy Tail was a top guild with a lot of accumulated resources, that all mostly came from the stronger tier mages going on pretty rewarding missions.

Some of those missions would give millions as a reward so even if just a small number of wizards went on a couple of missions, it was still enough. Anyhow, most of the money that they did use was for repairs when these troublemakers destroyed something. Other than that, they barely used their rewards on anything so there was quite a bit of money accumulated after so many years.

"Tell me about it." [Name] couldn't help but laugh, "Most of the time, they just play around inside the guild. Though, once it's rebuilt, they probably will go right back to doing nothing all year round."

Letting out a laugh, Lucy looked away from the board, her eyes trailing all over the mages. "Oh, yeah, I haven't seen Loke around..."

"Ah, I see you've finally fallen for Loke's magic touch then, Lucy." teased Mira, her cheeks slightly pink as if she was shy. Although, anyone who knew her could tell she was anything but.

"That's not it!! I just heard that he found my keys, so I wanted to thank him."

"Sure. I'll tell him if I see him around." Mira stopped playing around. Not that she would give up, however. She had several ships sailing but she was extremely rigorous with each one of them.

Having an idea of the kind of butterflies flying around in her friend's brain, [Name] quickly changed the subject, "By the way, Lucy, did Aquarius give you a hard time for losing the keys? She tends to be a bit... harsh with you."

Lucy chuckled shakily, not wanting to think about it, "Oh, it wasn't anything enough for my Celestial Spirits to get that mad about..." The words coming out of her mouth opposed the painful memory of yesterday's events which involved a furious Aquarius and a spiky whip. "Just remembering makes my butt sting..."

"Oh, my..." Mira didn't even know what to say.

"She can be really fierce, heh?" [Name]'s lips twitched, wincing when she glanced at the girl who was rubbing her stinging red behind with her palms.

Without warning, Gray stood behind them, ice magic coating his hands, "Shall I chill it for you?"

"I don't need innuendo-style sexual harassment." Lucy didn't turn his way, face reddening even more once Happy flew into the scene with a mocking face.

"Lucy, let me see your bright red butt!"

"And no overt sexual harassment either!!"

[Name] grabbed the cat's mouth, squeezing his lips shut with a darkening expression, "Just who taught you this kind of perverted conduct?"