Chapter 6: An Invitation

With pale white skin, ruby red lips, dark brown hair, and alluring green eyes, Helena Irain is the only daughter of House Irain, a marquis family, one of the noble families in Obelia that has been serving Obelia’s imperial family for more than five generations.

Her little brother, Elliot Irain, is known as the flower boy, due to his flower-like and delicate beauty.

Unlike her brother she is known as naïve and a total klutz.

She had come with her family to attend Princess Jennette’s debut as they couldn’t miss it.

Helena hated attending social gatherings which were a play of words and lies. She hated the lives of nobles who pretended and let greed blind them when true happiness was right in front of them.

Whenever she saw the fake behaviors of nobles she always disdained them in her head saying ‘It’s all just a game to them?

They see their daily lives as a game of wealth and power competition.

She felt sickened by the attitude of everyone as they all looked at the Princesses with their foxlike eyes and readied themselves for gossip.

After an hour she felt the need for fresh air and decided to take a walk in the courtyard.

The scenery was quite splendid and she was dazzled by the different types of flowers varying with all the colors that could be found.

It was quite reasonable to think if here during daylight one would have an enjoyable time.

But how could she get a chance to view this private place leisurely.

Her cup of wine which she held was swirled happily as she snickered to herself at her cheekiness.

Though the wine contained no alcohol her brother was over protective of her and forbade her from drinking it, but she snuck out with a fine dose of it to enjoy it.

Laughing in her head at the fact the one she was taking was alcoholic she wasn’t concentrating and bumped into someone and became drenched with the wine.

Her arm was roughly handled then healed when she caught sight of the person’s hair and eyes. Blue jeweled and blonde hair.

It was the first princess. A.k.a the ice queen. A.k.a the emperor’s incarnation. A.k.a the evil empress. A.k.a the anti-white lotus villainess!

Princess Anthanasia’s titles were endless from the mouths of young ladies and every daily gossiper in the empire.

Unlike Princess Jennette, she was unapproachable which served as drawback for her popularity.

But for Helena…

‘Princess Anthanasia is so cool! The way she speaks under pressure is so badass!

She’s like does villainess heroines I read in those romance novels. The way how she handles her enemies is awesome!

And whenever she struts into the ballroom, the air she gives of is breathtaking,’

To this simple girl, Princess Anthanasia was her idol. Helena was so stars truck that she forgot how to greet and clumsily accepted the princess’ invitation to replace her gown.

She was already naturally clumsy but being in this state made her look like a blind man driving a carriage on a busy road.

The maids of the emerald palace sure knew their stuff, with their skillful hands which bathed her and changed her into a different dress that very much matched her tastes.

A peach gown with a low décolletage, next to a white constricted bodice sewn with an almost transparent brown lace round it. It had puffy short sleeves and an embroidery design below the waist.