013 | would you have me? would you want me?

NEWT AND BETTY CLIMB THE STAIRS towards their living room, wands drawn as they look for the person or creature in the living area

Betty lets out a sigh of relief when she sees Queenie and Jacob standing in the room holding the remains of Newts vase that they broke. Queenie looked slightly nervous and Jacob looked very merry and almost intoxicated.

"Sweetie, if you could just give it to me,' Queenie asks Jacob as he awkwardly holds the broken pieces of the vase. The two look up and smile at Newt and Betty.

"Hey, come here you maniac," Jacob says as he hugs a very excited but also awkward Newt.

"We hope you two don't mind, we let ourselves in. It's raining out there, London is freezing," Queenie said as Betty walked over, hugging her best friend.

"But you were supposed to be obliviated,' Newt said to Jacob as the four stood looking at each other.

"I know, it didn't work pal, the potion only erases bad memories like you said," Jacob said before laughing. "But I didn't have any, Queenie filled me in on everything I forgot,"

Newt smiled and Betty watched as his face lit up. "Thats wonderful,' Newt said, looking down at Betty who was standing next to her.

"Is Tina here?" Betty asked and the air went silent.

"Its just us," Queenie said and Betty sighed, she hadn't receive any messages from Tina since Newts book was published but she was still in contact with Queenie.

"Why don't I make is some dinner?" Queenie suggested to ease the awkward air around them as they all thought about Tina.

☆☆☆

They all sat at the dinner table with mismatched crockery on the table. The silence was slightly comfortable but tainted by Tina's absence.

"Me and Tina aren't talking," Queenie said and they all looked up from their food to look at her.

"Why?" Newt asked and Queenie bit her lip by Jacob still looked happy and content, as if he were drunk.

"Well when she found out about me and Jacob she didn't like it, because of the law," Queenie said, imitating Tina at the end, her fork pushing her food around the plate as she thought to herself.

"Not allowed to date no-majs, or marry them. And she was in a bit of a tizzy because of the two of you." Queenie said, looking between Betty and Newt who's hands rested on the table, millimeters away from each other.

"Because of us?" Newt questioned and Queenie nodded, using her wand to levitate some magazine over.

"Yeah, I forgot to congratulate you when I came up, it was all over spellbound," Queenie said and she placed it on the table.