Surprise

When I get to the basement of the base. I see the torture has already begun. One of the men, whom I assume Natsu has figure out is the leader of this attack, has been beaten considerably more than the other man.

"Tell me, who sent you here?" Natsu yells as he sends a blow to the man's stomach which he is sent flying to the back of the cell sliding on the floor.

"Alright, alright." he pleads, as he's had enough torture. "We were hired by Raventail to get rid of her. We are not in their gang but have been hired as we are assassins" I get knots in my stomach as I listen to him. I feel uneasy now, I can't believe he would send someone after small little Wendy. I sure hope it my suspicions are wrong and he's not the boss.

Natsu seems to notice me standing there uneasy. He waves his hand and Gray and Gajeel get into action. They get the handcuffs off of there hands and puts them in their cells. Natsu puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me out of the room.

"What's wrong?" he asks concerned.

"Oh nothing, I just got a little concerned about the reason for why they would send someone after Wendy" I try to assure him. I don't want him to know just yet about what I'm thinking. I want to get more proof of it first.

"Alright then" he seems unsure but he let's it drop. "Did you call Zeref?"

"Yeah, Wendy's excited to see him."

"Well, I should get down there and see how she is doing."

"She's fine but I'm sure she's be glad to see you too" he runs down to the infirmary.

--------------------------------------------------
"Hey Lucy" I hear from across the room. I look around to see Zeref coming from the infirmary room probably has finished visiting with Natsu and Wendy.

"Hey, Nice to see you again." I greet him.

"Natsu tells me that you did a great job taking down Kracy's psychopathic mafia gang of woman"

"Yeah, it was no problem since she let me and Erza in with no questions asked basically"

"When I met her for the first time, she seemed to have a couple screws loose. I met her when I was still trying to find Mavis, " I feel my stomach turn to knots again at the mention of Mavis from his mouth "In fact, I was surprised to hear that Natsu let you go out for that long on a mission"

"Yeah, he doesn't like to have me out of his reach, does he?" I laugh. I try to keep the conversation light as I don't want to talk about Mavis with him. I just reminds me of all the secrets I'm keeping from everyone in the gang. I feel bad about not telling them about what I'm thinking but I made a promise to myself to help my friend and my brother. He may be just a brother-in-law, but he's been like an actual brother to me ever since I joined Fairytail. He was glad I had finally gotten Natsu to warm up instead of his natural cold nature.

"Well, I've been thinking of hanging out around here more often again" he thinks for a moment before continuing. "I've missed everyone here, and I can't continue to sulk. So I talked to Natsu about it and he's glad to have me back"

"I'm glad to hear it, but you know you were never out of the gang" I assure him, "You just needed some time out of the front lines. Glad to hear your back" i smile at him.

"Thanks, and anyways I gotta give those guys a piece of my mind"

"Sounds good" when he leaves I am left alone in the bar with only my own thoughts. I can't believe he's finally coming back. it feels so good to hear him say that, it seems like he's finally getting out of his slump. I wish I could just figure out where Mavis is.