241-250

Chapter 241 – Warmth

He had a cold and haughty gaze and a pair of beautiful and slender eyes. Under his tall, sculpture-like nose, his thin lips were pursed into a line. The sharp gaze and cold expression of the youth showed an unruly incisiveness and sharpness.

However, for some unknown reason, Yu Xiaocao could clearly feel that his coldness and aloofness was just a solid shell to protect his soft heart. To be armed with indifference at all times, he must be very tired, right? For no reason at all, she actually felt a slight sense of heartache…

The faint fragrance of tea lingered in the air of the reception hall. Zhu Junyang sat uninhibitedly at the main guest seat, slowly picked up the cup of tea, pushed away the green buds floating on the surface of the tea with the cup lid, and took a sip with his ruby lips—West Lake Longjing Tea. It wasn’t a very valuable variety of tea, but it emitted a clear fragrance and had a mellow sweet taste that he had never tried before. Zhu Junyang looked down at the tea leaves in the cup. His thick and curled eyelashes were like a pair of butterfly wings, fluttering. He lowered his head and took another sip of the fragrant tea.

Yu Hai sat in a slightly restrained manner on the seat on the right of Royal Prince Yang. He had only seen and heard of such characters like princes and princess consorts in operas and storybooks. It was really a brand new experience for him to be in the same space as a royal prince. Yu Hai glanced at his younger daughter, who handled the situation with ease, and felt that, as her father, he must not disgrace her even if he couldn’t help her. With this thought, he straightened his back and put on a slightly more serious expression.

After the young royal prince came in by himself, he hadn’t said a word and just drank tea. Yu Xiaocao felt that she had several imaginary black lines on her forehead—This guy, he didn’t specially come to the Fang Estate to drink tea, did he?

Seeing that the royal prince didn’t have any intention to speak, Yu Xiaocao was getting somewhat impatient. She personally poured more tea for the young royal prince and said with a slight smile, “May I ask for the reason of Young Royal Prince’s visit?” Such an awkward-sounding dialogue nearly caused her to bite on her own tongue. Yu Xiaocao rolled her eyes in her heart——It’s so tiring to talk to these royalties!

Zhu Junyang clearly felt Yu Hai’s slightly uneasy mood. He knew that this man, who looked very simple and honest, was the little lass’s father. He looked at the fresh watermelon on the table in the reception hall. It seemed like there were dewdrops on the leaves, so he must have brought it over for his daughter as soon as he plucked it this morning. He was a father who dearly loved his daughter ah!

He knew that the Yu Family’s watermelons sold very well last year. But, he didn’t expect the watermelons to mature so early in the year. If he remembered correctly, even in the warm south, it wouldn’t be possible for watermelons to ripen so early.

“This watermelon…” After pondering for a moment, the reticent Zhu Junyang said two words and then turned silent again.

‘What the heck! Not only did he come to drink tea, but now he also wants to eat watermelon? I didn’t encounter a fake royal prince, did I?’ Yu Xiaocao couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

With the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of the little girl’s expression. Zhu Junyang suddenly felt that there was something wrong. Why couldn’t he feel that lass’s mood and thoughts?

Zhu Junyang’s ability to pry into other people’s thoughts wasn’t the ability to read minds. Instead, he was able to be able to clearly perceive the other person’s emotions such as joy, sadness, cruelty, and dislike. For example, Yu Hai’s uneasiness at the moment. The stronger the emotion, the more it affected him. At times, when all kinds of negative emotions came at him, it would be so overwhelming that he would want to find a method to vent. For a period of time, he had used violence to vent, but that only enhanced his notorious reputation.