311-320

Chapter 311 – Cooperation from Both Sides

After the group of traffickers locked the door and left, Little Shitou, who had mixed in the crowd in a low-key manner, stood up and went to the place that Sun Yaoyang was being hung. He lifted his arms and supported the soles of his feet. This caused the pressure on Sun Yaoyang’s arms to decrease significantly.

He lowered his head to look at the scrawny young boy under his feet. He was around six to seven years old and had a small stature, yet he worked so hard to support him that his face had turned completely red. Sun Yaoyang felt very moved, and said to him, “Thank you. You won’t be able to support me, so don’t waste your energy!”

“If you succeeded in prying open the window, it would benefit everyone. If you failed, you would be the only one who gets punished. It’s too unfair! It’s alright, I’ll do what I can. I believe that someone will come save us soon! Let’s endure this together!” Little Shitou’s body had been nourished with mystic-stone water for two years, so even though he had a short stature, he was stronger than most children.

After wiping his mucus and tears, the chubby boy also got up and went to Little Shitou’s side. He gave him a big thumb’s up and said, “You are both amazing, and I, Liu Xiaohu, admires righteous people the most. I’ll help you, too!”

He was half a head taller than Little Shitou, so he didn’t need to raise his hands high to touch Sun Yaoyang’s feet. He took one of Sun Yaoyang’s feet from Little Shitou’s hands and placed it on his own head. With one hand holding Sun Yaoyang’s feet, he rubbed his grumbling stomach with his other hand, sighing, “If I’m full, I can support him alone. I’m really hungry right now, so I feel flustered and my legs are shaky…”

Seeing that there were people helping him, the coward, who betrayed Sun Yaoyang, cried in a low voice, “He caused everyone to go hungry, yet you guys are still helping him? Aren’t you afraid of angering those people and getting beaten up along with him?”

Little Shitou saw that the others all looked at the coward with disdain, so he fanned the flames and said, “Had you not acted panicky, how would the bad guys notice? If you didn’t sell him out, the window would have probably been pried open by now and everyone would have escaped!! It’s all your fault. You ruined it for everyone!”

The slightly older girl spat at the coward and said, “Wang Xiaonian, you coward who can’t accomplish anything yet spoils the good things. Do you know after tonight, we will be sold to some unknown place? You ruined our last chance to escape. Why don’t you go die!!”

The others all showed an angry expression upon hearing this. No one knew who initiated it, but over a dozen boys rushed forward and started beating the coward. The fellow let out an earth shattering scream in hope that someone would come save him.

While Wang Xiaonian shrieked endlessly, Little Shitou and the chubby boy notified Sun Yaoyang before they swiftly let go of his feet and squatted in a corner.

Monkey, who was next door, heard the commotion and went over impatiently to check on the situation. Seeing Wang Xiaonian being surrounded, he gloated and said, “Pay attention when fighting and don’t kill him. Otherwise, I won’t spare you guys!” He left after saying that.

Wang Xiaonian thought that those people would help him since he gained merit for exposing the escape plan. He hadn’t expected that the other party didn’t even bother to look at him. He could only hold his head and howl in despair as he endured the beating of the group.

The chubby boy and Little Shitou continued to support Sun Yaoyang’s weight. Seeing that Little Shitou and the chubby boy’s foreheads were covered with sweat, two taller boys quickly came to take over their place. Children still had relatively simple and lovely hearts, so they could still maintain a kind and righteous side in difficult times.