The Stalker

I'm the CEO of Walker Baby Products, not a stalker! But somehow my feet don't want to move from here. I'm outside the office's cafeteria and Alyssa Wheeler is talking with her coworker there. I can't help myself to eavesdrop.

"I'm nervous" she giggles.

"Come on, Lys. It's just a meet up from Tinder. It will be fine. Just send me an emergency text and I call you pretend as your mother, telling you to come home. How?" her coworker, Bailey Menzel, says. She is Lys' best friend in the office. Working in our HR division.

"Okay." Alyssa giggles again, her giggle is so sweet and addictive.

"Let me see his pic," Bailey says, and I think Lys shows him the picture. She squeals "gosh! So handsome and hot! Dang! You should go for it, Lys! No matter what, bang him once at least."

What the fuck? You are fired, Bailey!

"Ssh!" Lys hisses. "What if he is a weirdo?"

"Then just say bye bye. At least do him once, babe!" Bailey laughs.

"You are crazy Bae!"

"Look, this man could pass as a model okay. So why not? Just try. You are single for far too long, Lys."

"Yes mother!" Lys says dryly.

I walk fast, back to my office before Lys and Bailey come out and find me there eavesdropping their talk.

Half an hour goes by, I can't work. Goddamn it! Lys and Bailey conversation keeps coming to my head like a toxic voice. What is wrong with me! Somehow just a mere imagination Lys has a date with a guy from Tinder who could pass as a model makes me want to puke. She shouldn't date anyone! She was fine in this half a year without any dates. I know because I paid a little bit of attention on her Monday talk with her coworker. She never ever mentioned any dates up until today.

Ha! You are sure it's just a little bit?

Shut up!!

Cody McGuire, my assistant, comes into my office. "boss, I need your sign for these files, and this is the latest design for the crackers."

I look at the design with Lyssa's signature on the bottom. Idea comes to my mind. I smirk and take it in my hand. "Call Alyssa Wheeler to come to my office."

"Yes boss," he says and leaves my office.

***

I lean on my seat in my home office. Waiting for the time tickling. I couldn't help the grin in my face. I'm a genius.

I look at the time and click call on my zoom meeting.

Lyssa's pretty face comes to the screen "good evening Dave" she says in her professional's voice. How is her voice when she screamed my name in high tone?

I clear my throat. "Hi Lyssa. I'm sorry I don't have time this noon to discuss the cracker's packaging" I say. She shakes her head "it's okay."

"Do you have to cancel any date today?" I ask.

She shrugs "Um.. let me share the screen with you. So it can make you easier to point it out." She says and clicks something.

My eyes traveled to her creamy neck and chest. She is still in her office's clothes. The halter neck pink top. Wait a minute... she should've showered first before our meeting. What if the meeting goes too long. I need to tell her later.

The screen changed to a packaging for our latest crackers product.

"So.." Lyssa starts her presentation.