20

Ever since the night of the ball, the two had been inseparable

Ever since the night of the ball, the two had been inseparable. Hoseok never wanted her to leave his store, and Chris dreaded going back to work every day. But amidst all that, they cherished every moment spent together.

Today, the pair were in Hoseok's greenhouse, listening to the rain hit the glass relentlessly. However, the soft thuds were nothing in comparison to the immense banging in her chest. Chris couldn't shift her gaze from him as he sat on the bench, facing her cross-legged. His hands were flying around as he talked about how excited his family was now that his father was going to get treated finally.

She was so happy for him.

But, somewhere along the way, somewhere between the time Hoseok's eyes turned to the sun's rays itself and the sides of his mouth folded in to form the oceans of gold that were his dimples, Chris had tuned everything out.

And all that filled her mind was how she must have saved an entire nation in her past life, or how her lucky stars must have aligned all in one go for her to find this amazing man.

The man who hands happiness, joy, sincerity and warmth so freely, to everybody he encounters.

Chris watched as his eyebrows started to furrow then, and she snapped herself back to reality.

"Are you listening to me?" he asked, and when her vision came to, she immediately grinned at the small pout he was wearing.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head, not able to rid herself of her smile as she reached out for one of his hands to hold, "Continue."

His lips pulled up at its edges when she did this, eyes falling to their connected hands.

"Do you know you shine like the sun when you smile?" the words had fallen out of Chris's mouth without her permission.

But looking at the way his eyes widened as he looked up to her, she didn't regret saying it.

"It's true," tilting her head, "You glow like starlight; it's one of the most beautiful things about you."

That might have been one of the rare times she'd ever seen the way roses crept up his cheeks in the form of a blush.

"Sunshine," she whispered, waiting for him to meet her eyes. And when he did, the air was whipped from out of her lungs, yet again. Her sun. The sun who she would always find herself running back to, the sun that she would continue to revolve around. "I lied when I said I like you."

His face fell, "Huh?"

"Because what I feel for you is so much more, Hoseok. It's always more with you, you know?"

He couldn't speak then, and she had to admit she loved knowing she could render him speechless.

"I love you," when she said it, however, her voice was laced with some feeling she couldn't put her finger on.