HELEN

I clung to Johnny's hand as the cold wind blew over us. We trembled as the cold seeped into our clothes, chilling our skin. We'd never been affected by temperature for decades, so the feel of coldness was a complete shock. We'd almost forgotten what it was like to be so cold.

"Are you okay?" Johnny shouted over the screeching wind.

I could only shake my head; the wind was causing my throat to feel dry and raw.

We clung to each other as though to keep each other warm, but of course we had no body temperatures. It was still comforting to feel him against me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me against him.

I closed my eyes as the wind blew violently against our faces.

I was glad that Johnny was here with me, to offer me comfort as we faced this oblivion together, but I wished he didn't come, that he wasn't suffering like I was.

The wind was somehow blowing stronger to the point where we fell to our knees. We never let each other go as we clung to each other tighter.

"Helen. . . Johnny?"

Somehow, over the roaring and screaming wind, I was able to catch the soft whisper. I looked up through narrowed eyes that were squinting against the wind to peer through the gray fog.

I could make out the silhouette of a girl standing six feet away. I could only make her silhouette, the fog too thick.

"Johnny," I shouted over the wind. "Someone is here."

"Helen, Johnny?" the voice whispered again. I felt dread and fear course through me when I recognized Luna's voice.

"Luna!" I screamed. "What are you doing here?"

"Luna?!" Johnny screamed in my ear. "What the hell?"
The silhouette started walking forward until she was standing in front of us, slowly escaping the fog.

Luna stood in front of us, her long, raven hair blowing wildly around her face. I gasped when I saw her eyes were glowing a bright silver, her expression blank and distant.

"What are you doing here?" I screamed again.

She stared down at us blankly, those eyes staring at us blankly. Those weren't her eyes.

"I don't know," she whispered. I was somehow hearing what she was saying despite the wind that continued to rage around us. "Something happened to me."

"What happened?" Johnny demanded.

Her brow furrowed. "I don't know."

"How did you get here?"

"I don't know. I don't feel so good."

Fear clawed at me. I tried to stand up despite the wind. I stumbled a few steps before Johnny reached out and caught me, steadying me.

I reached out to touch her. "Luna, please try to remember. This is Limbo. Only lost souls come here." More horror dawned on me. "Are you. . .dead?" I almost couldn't ask the question. I prayed that wasn't true, I prayed she wasn't dead. She still had way too much to live.

"No, not dead," she said and I nearly fell to my knees with relief. "I do know I'm alive. I can feel pain all over. I can hear voices. I can't move, I can't feel. I'm still on Earth, but something strange is happening to me."

"What happened to you Luna?" Johnny demanded.

She frowned. "I can't remember. My mind is foggy. All I know is I'm in trouble, and I don't know what to do."

I reached out and touched her arm. She yelped and jumped away as though I burned her.

"What?" I demanded.

"My skin. . . It hurts. . ."

Her form started to flick in and out. She was slowly starting to disappear.

Johnny and I watched as she completely disappeared. We stood there, trying to comprehend what we just saw and heard.

"Luna's in trouble," Johnny said. "Something bad is about to happen."

I closed my eyes and prayed she was okay. I needed to be there for her. I needed her to be safe.