"Luna is that you?"

I blinked. I was standing in front of Aria and a little girl who closely resembled her huddling on the floor. The little girl was hugging Aria and peering up at me with fear in her eyes. There was something off about Aria's eyes. She was staring behind my left shoulder, a gray tint in her eyes.

I gazed around and saw that I was in the same room as I'd been when I woke up after the vampires had kidnapped me. I had no idea how I'd gotten here or what happened to the vampires who'd rushed out of the warehouse to go after me, but all I remember was opening my eyes and finding myself here.

"It's me," I said and kneeled down in front of them. "Are you okay?"

Luckily, their hands weren't tied but Aria had various bruises on her and it looked like she couldn't see.

She shook her head and the little girl clutched herself closer to Aria. "No, I can't see. I can't see anything."
Alarm shot through me. "Holy shit!"

"I don't know what they did to me but I woke up and I can't see."

"Okay," I said slowly, my mind reeling, trying to stay calm for Aria and her sister's sake. "Okay, I don't know what they could have done to you but right now we need to get out of here."

I gently took her by the arm and helped her to her feet. She stumbled slightly and I steadied her.

"I'm going to get us out of here. Just hang on to me."

I grabbed Aria's hand while her little sister held on to hers. I led them out of the room and down various hallways, getting lost and turned around multiple times before I finally found the exit door.

I pushed open the door to bright sunlight, causing me to squint. I blinked multiple times to adjust my vision. We were standing in the forest that surrounded the warehouse. I led them to the front and stilled, wondering what I was going to do next.

I winced, realizing I hadn't thought of what to do after I freed them. I had no phone, no way to transport us, I only had three dollars left, and the shapeshifter was blind and the little girl looked like she was going to cry at any second.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to think of what to do next and fast. Aria needed medical attention and I had no idea what could happen to her the longer we were delayed.

Trinity appeared beside us again and was staring at me quizzically. "What now?"

"I'm working on it," I snapped.

Aria frowned. "Who are you talking to?"

"A. . .friend." I glanced down at her little sister, not sure whether or not to say the word 'ghost' in front of the girl.

"Friend?"

"You know, the G - H - O -"

"Oh, I know what you mean." Aria nodded. "There's one here now?"

"Yes."

"Who?" the little girl demanded.

Aria sighed. "No one, Annie."

Annie scowled and crossed her chubby little arms over her chest. "No one tells me anything."

"Get over it, Annie."

The sun was disappearing behind the trees. It was going to get dark soon and I was going to have an even harder time trying to find the way to get us out of here.

I took a moment to look around, to see if there were any more vampires lurking around, but there were none. I grabbed Aria's hand and started leading her through the trees.