LILITH

I couldn't mask my excitement as my descendent handed the long lost amulet to me. Finally, after all of these years, after having everything taken away from me, after being robbed of my chance of ruling this earth, I was now going to have everything I ever wanted.

"For you," Anna Marie Nicole Sinclair said as she handed me the amulet.

I slowly took it, savoring the moment of my return. As soon as I took it, a blinding pain shot through me. I cried out and fell to my knees as the pain shot through my whole body. Anna Marie called out to me and tried to help me to my feet but I pushed her back. I'd expected this.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself become one with earth again. The pain was excruciating, particularly the part in my abdomen that had been stabbed on my last day, but it would all be worth it in a matter of moments.

I felt tears squeeze out of my eyes until the pain suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes and stared down at the lush green grass I was kneeling down on. I slowly stood up, amazed to see the flesh now formed over my bones. I stared down at my body in amazement as I slowly ran my hands up and down my arms, actually getting to feel for the first time in centuries. I felt the silk sleeves of the gown I'd been wearing the night I spoke with Caius and Bianca for the first time. I ran my hands through my hair, feeling the soft curls that had grown past my shoulders.

"Lilith?" Anna Marie said tentatively.

I smirked at her and put the amulet over my head. I felt content sweep through me at the slight weight of the jewelry around my neck, back where it was supposed to me.

"It's time to get to work, descendent."

She smiled at me, and at that very moment I saw so much of myself in her. I knew I chose wisely to get this plan underway.