Chapter Fourteen

The next two days was their dance shoot. As the director announced pack up, they go into their respective vanities. Janet gets a call from Ananya, she speaks to her and disconnects the call.

Janet: Shehnaaz, tomorrow is your off and you remember we had planned earlier that we would be going to Ananya's native place during this weekend?

Shehnaaz: Oh God!! How did it slip out of my mind? It's Ananya's engagement on Saturday evening.

Janet: Right! So instead of leaving tomorrow evening, we are travelling tonight.

Shehnaaz: Oh! I haven't informed SK about this yet.

Janet: Okay, tell him while going home. Anyways, he is working tomorrow so it wouldn't make much difference if it's 1 day extra.

Shehnaaz: Hmm.. okay!

As usual, Janet drops Shehnaaz at the decided place from where Sidharth picks her up.

Shehnaaz: SK, I forgot to inform you earlier that it's Ananya's engagement on Saturday and we had made plans earlier to attend it.

Sidharth: Okay! Should I ask someone to drop you and pick up on the day?

Shehnaaz: Huh? No, the engagement is in her native, Kolhapur. So I will be leaving tonight and returning on Sunday night!

Sidharth: Huh? That's 3 days!

Shehnaaz: Yeah! I am sorry, I am telling you now!

Sidharth: That's fine! Have a safe journey and Enjoy!

Shehnaaz: (smiles) Thanks!

When they reach home, Shehnaaz starts packing her luggage. They decide to have early dinner at 7:30pm as she was leaving at 8:30pm.

Shyam serves dinner and they both eat together talking about some random things. As the clock striked 8:15pm, she tells him that she has to book the cab to go to Janet and Ananya's apartment from where they were starting their journey.

Sidharth tells her that he will drop her instead. As they were getting closer to the destination, there was silence in the car. He didn't know what was happening to him.

Its been just little over a week that we have been staying together and I fear of staying alone for just 3 days. Why does she have to go today itself when she could have travelled tomorrow and returned by Sunday morning? I wish I could have gone with her but I have shooting tomorrow and I can't go to places freely being a celebrity. Celebrity who can't celebrate (recalls Shehnaaz's dialogue). As a friend, I can't even ask her to stop. Just 10 minutes more and She will be away for 3 days.

He looks at her, she was lost in her thoughts.

How does ladies manage stay away from their husband when they go to their maternal home? Though he treats me as friend, he is my husband. I am feeling so bad to leave him and go. How would he manage things alone?

What? You are talking as if you have been married to him for 15-20 years. You just started staying with him from 10 days and he had been staying alone before you came. He has Shyam to do his work. He sure wouldn't even miss you.

Hmmm.. okay!

They arrive at Janet and Ananya's apartment. She calls them and they ask her to wait for 2 minutes and they will come down with their luggage.

Shehnaaz: They are coming down. I think I'll get my bag from the trunk and wait for them.

Sidharth: Hmm.. Take care and have a safe journey. Don't travel alone anywhere.