Epilogue

Shehnaaz's first song released and it was a super hit song. She became an overnight celebrity again after her acting fame faded away during those 5 years long career break. Sidharth was happy because all he wanted was to see her growing into an independent person as she had a talent.

It was time for Shehnaaz's 10th standard exam and she was nervous as she hadn't got time to concentrate on her studies much off late due to her singing career. She cursed a mother in herself for neglecting and diverting her mind from studies for rebuilding her career.

As she feared, her marks weren't satisfactory. She failed in her Physics and Algebra papers. When she saw her marks, she locked herself in the bathroom and cried a lot. Sidharth stood outside trying to calm her down.

Sidharth: Baby, it's fine. Come out na darling!

Shehnaaz: No, SK. I let down the mother in me to pursue my career. I acted so mean.

Sidharth: No sweetheart! Please open the door atleast. Please Shehnaaz!!

Shehnaaz: Leave me alone, SK. I couldn't become a good mother to you children.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz! Open the door damned!! (Sternly)

She unlatched and he step inside. She turned around sulking. He went closed to her turned her around and hugged her. He patted her back as she cried like a child.

Sidharth: You know Shehnaaz, I told you about Sundar, the friend I made at our children's school. He has a big business empire and his name has featured among top 50 Forbes Businessman list. A very brilliant guy. But you know what's the best quality about him? He didn't go to a posh or reputed school. He went to a government school in his village. His parents doesn't even knew to make signature.

Shehnaaz looked up in surprise. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and gave a smile.

Shehnaaz: Sachchi? [Really?]

Sidharth: (nodded) So, it's our children's effort which will make them achieve great success. Look at yourself, if you hadn't chosen your career, you wouldn't have set an example for your kids to learn how not to give up trying. You are successful in your career because you didn't give up. It doesn't matter in which school they study until they learn how to become a better human in their life. Success follows ultimately. If not the first best school, will enroll them in the next best school, what's the harm?

Shehnaaz smiled and nodded yes. He kissed her forehead and they walked out of the bathroom.

Next day, Shehnaaz and Sidharth went to meet the principal of the school.

Shehnaaz: Hello Ma'am, I got my 10th standard result yesterday. I didn't fare well in my maths and science papers. As promised, I am here to take away my children from your school. I just have one request, please allow them to complete this year as just 1 month of schooling is remaining.

Veena: Mrs. Khanna, I am sorry for my rude behaviour. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your success as a singer. Secondly, your children are performing well in their studies. They are well behaved and I've interacted with their grandparents who spend their time with them. I know your busy schedules must have made it difficult to fare well in your exams but your communicating skills and accent in English has improved a lot. I would counter request you to allow us teach your children in our institution.

Shehnaaz and Sidharth smiled brightly as they looked at each other. They thanked her for being considerate.

___________________________________

Life isn't easy, it's made up of ups and downs. That's what makes our life interesting. With this I end this book "Strange Marriage". I tried covering some of the issues which every person faces in life - insecurities, importance of communication, parenting, balancing life along with home and career, commitment phobia, child abuse etc, with the help of this book.

In the end, I would just tell you respect your parents as they do lot of sacrifices for you in life. Things look small until you face them. Tell them you love them!!

New story - Mending Broken Hearts. Read it and Follow me for updates.

 Read it and Follow me for updates

https://www.wattpad.com/story/252698896?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=Poohbear8435&wp_originator=OUAY5NkYtgZF3hkOrQ%2BTaZDWWDpwlHTvngnyd%2FB09xyrVdfIoQwK1BPxx9WLBJaAAi%2BQfaOzzU%2BCKCmoQ6balH9dW5UcutoQ2qlIvUW%2B2lRg49nyCP8bBdAxASpYqQwq

Lots of love!!❤️❤️