My New Room Mate

"Mom I told you I don't want to meet any girl" Saint tried to convince his mom.

" No I don't want to get married right now. I want to focus on my career first Mom" he said to his mom who was on the other side of the phone desperately trying to convince her son to meet her friend's daughter.

" But why son, Janis is a very sweet girl. I am sure you will like her. You two would make such a good couple." her mother said.

Now this was the limit for Saint. His mom every time she called, would try to fix a date for him with any of her friend's daughters. He didn't like it at all. He was tired from all the bickering they would have whenever his mom bring this topic.

" No mom, I can never make a good match with any girl because I am gay. I like boys." Saint yelled out of frustration and hung up the call.

He knew that he blurted it out in anger and that it was a complete lie. He was straight. But right now he was in no mood and didn't even have the energy to explain it to his mom. When there was a high possibility that now his mom would stop pestering him. He would rather keep the peace for the time being.

Saint decided to forget about this and focus on his work. He had to submit the final sales report of the month to his boss and today was the deadline.

It was only when the bell rang that he snapped out of his work and realized that it was already evening. He frowned at who could have come.

He went to door and opened it.

Standing in front of him was the most beautiful man he had ever seen. Thick eyebrows and deep eyes in which anyone can completely get lost. Such well developed body and strong biceps. He could see the shape of the abs on the stranger's t shirt.

" Hey Saint what are you thinking. Stupid" Saint thought scolding himself for the thoughts in his mind.

" Hi. What can I do for you ?" he asked the stranger who was smiling at him.

Saint saw that the stranger's expression changed from happy to confused.

"Uhh hi I am Zee . I am your new room mate. I came to the correct address right?" Zee said looking confused and scratching the back of his neck. 'Cute' Saint thought.

Then suddenly Saint remembered about the man who had to shift with him. His landlord told him about his new room mate a few days ago. Due to his work he completely forgot about this.

" Yes yes you came to the right address . I am sorry I just forgot about it. Hi I am Saint. Please come in." Saint said inviting Zee inside.

" Thank you". Zee came inside the apartment with his luggage.

Zee entered the living room and explored the house. The apartment was big enough for two people. Beside the living room was the kitchen. Even the kitchen was quite spacy.

Then his gaze fell on the couch. A laptop was placed on the coffee table in front of the couch with a plate of watermelons on it. 'He must be working' Zee thought.

Saint came and stood beside beside. He smiled warmly at Zee. Zee's heart skipped a beat. It was the most beautiful smile he had ever seen on anyone's face.

"So Zee do you like the house? " He asked, the smile still plastered on his face.

" Yes the house looks quite comfy and spacy. I like it." Zee answered with a smile.

" That's good. This is your room Zee." Saint said pointing to one of the doors.

"And that is my room" he continued pointing to the room just opposite the previous one.

"Okay" Zee nodded.

An awkward silence fell between the two. Zee was the one to speak first.

" So I will just go and freshen up." Zee said and Saint nodded. Then he left.

************************************
It was evening but Zee hadn't come out of his room. Saint was sitting on the couch in the living room working on his laptop. ' He must be arranging his things in the room. Maybe I should go and help him' he thought. But when he saw that the door of Zee's room was closed, he dropped the idea considering it to be impolite.

He thought of making food for both of them. Maybe it could be a small housewarming for Zee. Saint was a decent cook and usually made his food himself, ordering only when he was too tired or lazy to cook.

So he decided to cook something good today.

Zee settled some of the things in the room and then due to tiredness he fell asleep. He only woke up when his stomach growled because of the delicious smell coming from outside. He hadn't eaten anything since morning so he was hungry as hell. He went to the kitchen and saw Saint wearing an apron and cooking.

Saint noticed him and smiled.

" Oh hi Zee"

"Hi" Zee replied and walked to stand near Saint.

" I thought you would be hungry so I am making dinner for us" Saint glanced at Zee smiling and then turning back to the stove where he was frying some pork.

" Thank you so much Saint and I am sorry I didn't come out of the room. Actually I dozed off after arranging the room. But you shouldn't have taken the trouble. I could have eaten outside I usually do that." Zee said shyly scratching the back of his neck.

"Its ok Zee. I usually eat at home. I like cooking." He said. Zee smiled.

The food soon was prepared and they both started eating.

" The food is so delicious Saint. Thank you" Zee said while putting a piece of fried pork in his mouth.

"I am glad you liked it" Saint replied.

They were enjoying their meal when Saint asked, " So Zee what do you do?"

" Uhh I am a professional photographer and I recently got a job in Bangkok. I lived in Chiang Rai earlier but due to the job I had to shift here" Zee explained.

"What about you Saint?" He further asked

" I work in a private company just a few blocks from here" Saint replied.

"It would be so cool to be a photographer. Capturing scenes and lives of people in a picture"

" Yes I love capturing Different moments. Its like we can keep the memory of the moment with us forever in a photo." Zee said excitedly. Saint saw the shine in his eyes when he was talking about his job. 'He must be really happy with his job' Saint thought.

The two chatted a little more and then Zee helped Saint in cleaning the dishes despite Saint's protest. By the time they were finished, it was already late and they both had work the next day. So they said their "good night" to each other and went to their rooms.

*********************************************************

So this is all for the first chapter. Lets see together how this story unfolds. Do share your thoughts in the comments.

Please support me. 💜

See you in the next chapter.