Epilogue

I just want to quickly point out that as of now I'm giving this story an epilogue, the reason being that I really don't have anything else I feel that can be added to this story, I've ran out of ideas and honestly don't have motivation for it.

I also have realized that this story is very different from my other stories and I kind of thought about it that this story is just odd compared to my other stories. 

With the being said I might update this story in the future, but as of now It's getting an epilogue and if I do continue this story at a later date, the ending you see here, wont be the same. Ill try and switch it up without switching the whole story up.

Anyways, with that all said and done, please enjoy this epilogue.

Demi

I smiled as Maxwell walked into the Livingroom, her face scrunching up as the light came through the windows and hit her face.

"Hey sleepyhead.", she looked over at me and smiled a little, shaking her head. She walked over to the couch and sat down, grabbing the remote and changing the channel to the animal channel.

I smiled and stood up, walking into the kitchen and grabbing an envelope from the counter. I stared at it for a moment, debating whether I should give it to her or not. 

I glanced up and saw Maxwell stretch a little, she rubbed her face and stared back at the tv.

"Hey, sweetie, come here.", Maxwell turned around, looking at me and then the envelope in my hands. Her face scrunched up in confusion before she stood up.

I walked over to the chairs in the kitchen, sitting down and waiting for her to sit next to me.

Maxwell pulled out a chair and sat, turning towards me. She glanced at the envelope before looking at me.

"Am I in trouble so something?", I chuckled, shaking my head.

"God no, you've haven't done anything as far as I know.", she smiled a little and nodded.

I held up the envelope and stared at her for a moment. 

"This", I waved it a little, her attention on it now.

"We got this in the mail the other day, I read the names on it and it seemed familiar.", she nodded and reached forward, gently taking it from my hand.

She looked back up at me, concern written all over her face.

"I couldn't figure out why the names were familiar, but I had a sudden feeling about it. I went through some old paper work from when I first got custody of you. It had your birth parents names on it...they found you I guess and sent you that.", Maxwell sighed and nodded, staring at the envelope in her hands.

"I didn't read it or anything, I thought it was best if you did...they are your biological parents after all.", Maxwell nodded, pursing her lips a little and flipping the envelope over in her hands.

"I can read it?", I nodded and stood up, opening a drawer and grabbing a letter opener. I slid it over to her and sat back down.

She grabbed the letter opener, quickly sliding it under the flap of the envelope.

She paused for a moment, staring at the paper inside. She glanced up at me and then back down at the paper.

She put down the letter opener and sighed, pulling the paper out of the envelope.

She put the envelope down, holding only the paper.

She looked up at me and seemed upset.

"What am I gonna do if they want to meet me or something?", I sighed and shrugged, not really knowing what to say.

"It's up to you. If you want to meet them then you can, I'll drive you and stay with you if you want.", Maxwell nodded and stared down at the paper. 

She unfolded the paper, her eyes scanning over it.

She read over it for a moment, her face blank as she read it.

As she read I watched her, I started to realize how far she's come since I first had to take care of her.

At one point she was quiet, barely spoke a full sentence and couldn't do basic everyday things.

Now she...was here. She's a whole teenager, 16 years old. Can talk your ear off, could probably be a chef if she tried and is now just so...evolved.

I watched as her face scrunched just a little. She sighed and looked up, placing the letter down on the counter.

She was silent for a minute before looking up at me.

"They wanna meet with me a month from now.", she stared at the letter on the counter, not saying anything.

I grabbed her hand and held onto her for a moment.

"You gonna go meet them? Remember, its up to you.", she nodded and kept quiet.

"I wanna meet them but I mean...I don't know if they're good people.", I nodded and bit my lip.

"I know a little bit about why you were abandoned, it was in your file.", she looked up, her eyes almost lit up at the thought of knowing why.

"Well...from what I remember, you were abandoned because they were getting thrown in prison. They embezzled a crap ton of money from both companies that they worked at your mom got six years and your father got 10 years. They agreed to not contact you till they were both out."

Maxwell nodded and stayed quiet.

"That's as much as I know.", I waited for her response, hoping she'd say something.

She was silent, her mind clearly trying to work out the emotions.

"You want some time al-" She quickly looked up, shaking her head.

"No...stay.", I nodded and moved my chair closer to hers, she leaned her head on her hand and stared at the letter.

"Do you know what you wanna do?", she looked between me and the letter.

She nodded her head and sighed.

"I wanna meet them...I want you to come with me.", I nodded and pulled her over, hugging her.

She pulled away from me for a moment before smiling a little.

"By the way...don't think I'll suddenly call them mom or dad or something. As far as I'm concerned you're my mom, I don't care about biology or whatever, you are my mom."

(And well yeah...that's the epilogue for now. This story might get updated at some future date but as of now its kind of done. 

And I should also mention, it took me and my friend, FIVE whole minutes to figure out how the parents prison sentences would work out. I wish I was joking.

It took us five minutes to figure out when they first got put in prison, when the mom got out and when the dad got out...if you can't tell, math isn't my best subject.)