Chapter 17

I grinned at her.

"Good. Maybe then you'll actually be able to surprise me" I said and she growled in annoyance at me. "Anyways, I have a friend who is going to be coming through this forest with a bunch of her other friends, and from what I know they are all perfectly capable in killing you rather easily and have no mind for immediate mercy"

"Then why do you want to go near them?" She asked looking at me like I was crazy and I just grinned again.

"Because it's going to be fun messing with them on the way to their location and also I am immortal, so unless they find my weak point then they are literally unable to kill me" I said grinning at Rubidia and the Phanther looked at me fearfully once again. "Don't worry I am not mad at you so don't worry about me killing you without reason, but I do have one condition. If you are to encounter them. Don't hurt the one that smells of silver and nature."

"Why?" The Phanther asked I smiled at her and brandished my claws.

"Because if you do I will separate your head from your shoulders so fast your thoughts won't be able to process it" I threatened letting her fully see my teeth and claws as I smiled dangerously at her. Making sure to look her in the eyes to further show that I meant what I said and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I-I won't" she said stepping back and I nodded and looked back in the direction of the forest that I had come from.

"Now hopefully they'll be on their way and we'll be able to catch them on the way to the village me and my mate tore apart a few days ago" I said and the Phanther looked at me in shock. "What? Did you hear about it or something?"

"Yeah. Every creature in the Forrest has heard about the massacre of the humans in the town down south, but we thought that it was just the massacre of a bandit attack upon the other humans previously living there." Rubidia said half whispering as if she was recalling a ghost tale.

"Nope" I grinned, "that was me and my mate having some fun in this new world"

"New world?" The She-Panther cocked her feline head as we walked towards the herd of deer in the distance. Now within scent...for me anyways.

"Yeah, me and my mate aren't from this world" I said casually, swiping at a new tree just to see if I could get a reaction from anything here in this forest. And to warn potential predators following that I was not to be messed with.

"Why'd you do that?!" Rubidia growled. "Now our prey's getting away!"

"Anyways as I was saying me and my mate weren't having the best of times just staying in two places that we already knew almost everything about so we took a little trip through dimensions and, after a little accident during our travels, ended up here in this world.

"Where the first encounter we had with humans was a large group of bandit like humans that had seemingly taken over a small village devoted to farming—" I looked back to see that Rubidia was gone. "—and you're gone"

I shot ahead after her and when I caught up to her she was chasing after the deer that we, well I, had scared off by cutting down a tree. One tree and they've already traveled over thirty miles. What kinds of deer were these?!

"Did you hear anything I was saying?" I growled trotting beside her running form, but all I got in return was a growl of annoyance.

"No. I was too focused on getting our dinner for the night unlike you" she finally said after failing to bite off the head of one of the deer creatures.

"I was stalling on purpose" I growled before shooting ahead and into the midst of the herd. The deer around me slowed down to a crawls as I danced through their ranks. Slitting throats and stabbing hearts, and all just to satisfy the irritated cat that abandoned me mid-story.