I'm Terrified

Sympathy is as valuable to me as the past. It’s already happened, there’s nothing more to be done on the matter; end of story. I have no need nor do I wish to impede sympathy to anyone, because no one should be able to say such words and mean none of them, only to makes themselves feel better about someone else’s pain.

Empathy, understanding, is my most valued thing in life. It comprehensively surrounds the ‘now’ in everything it is, as horrid and as beautiful it reflects the world. You don’t just say anything in the blight of self-pity, you genuinely have thought about what you have and what you will say to come. Everything is as it is, not cascaded behind a shadow of lies.

The world is controlled by these two forces, ignorance, and understanding. Ignorance has taken over the values and vices we claim to uphold. Empathy is seen as a plague that needs to be eradicated, open-minded thought and progressive change is sought to be nothing more than the ground beneath our feet.

I begin to feel sickened when I’m approached on the matter of education, I slowly fall to my knees; leading up to me begging for you to stop and listen to reason. But anything but reason is well enough for you.

My words seem useless; I feel weaker everyday with the struggle to hold on to reality.

My work and my friends, my family and my deepest values; all decay one-by-one into nothing more than a speck of light, so far away and I begin to even wonder if it was real. I plead for the help that was offered and yet I am cast out and left on my own to carry out a hopeless war.

I feel so much pain I begin to find stars in my darkness and recollect my strength, still staggered and oppressed. I open my eyes once again to find the beauty in the world slowly seeping through the passages left untouched by the bloody tyranny of lies. I find the things I value in life and hold onto them with everything I have left. I take the brunt force from all their attempts to break those I hold most dear. They too begin to notice me, they plea for my return and wish to stand with me together. I absolutely refuse; because I’m terrified. I’m terrified what I’d do for them, and what I already do.