Chapter 2

Rikkard Ambrose POV

Sh- HE was 6 hours, 23 minutes and 17 seconds late. My little finger was tapping furiously as I tried to focus on the paperwork In front of me.

As soon as Lillian gets here, I will take my arms and wrap them around her waist- NO, no I will wrap them around her neck to strangle her. Yes, I will pull her close and-

I was getting distracted again.

Pull it together Rikkard, there is work that needs to be done.

I forced myself to bring the attention back to the filling out the worksheet. Yet, my mind kept trailing back to my Ifrit.

What if something happened?

I could imagine it now, someone coming from behind, snatching her up as she was walking that ridiculous walk of hers.

Nothing has happened, any second now Mr. Linton will walk in with her silly smile and explain why she was late.

Any second now...

I glanced at the door for the 78th time since I sat down. Alright I've had enough of this foolishness.

'Karim.' I called. I heard footsteps hurry to my door and felt slight wind the door opening and closing.

'Yes Sahib,' He answered. Not bothering to look up from my desk, I force myself to seem as unbothered as possible.

'Why is Mr. Linton not here?' I demand.

'I do not know, Sahib,' Karim responded.

'What are you standing there for, go find her!' I ordered. Finally looking up, I see Karim look at me with a mischievous look in his eye.

'I shall find her immediately,' He said, making a move to turn toward the door.

'Stop.'

What are you doing, let the man do his job and get back to making money.

'I will look for her myself. I am going to fire Mr. Linton as soon as I see her.'

Karim gave me a blank look, I shot him a glare, daring him to say a word.

'That would be very wise of you Sahib, you are a man of great wit,' He said. I nodded and stood up.

She must be insane, thinking she can just miss work as she pleases. This was ridiculous.

I marched my way out of the office and made my journey to somewhere I never have before,

Her house

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Omg 8 reads YAAYYy

ok i hope you guys like it, please let me know

sorry its so short, i promise ill make the next one longer :)