Treacherous like Toros

*Narrating*

Stan: "Rick's return didn't save the Earth Team"

Koji: "His injuries from the crash in the first race were much worse than we thought"

Stan: "Rick Thunderbolt, Champion Star Racer Pilot, will never fly again"

Koji: "Young Molly is back in the driver's seat"

Stan: "The good news is-"

Koji: "She's won her fourth race"

Stan: "The bad news is-"

Koji: "With all the extra work she's giving us, we'll never see the light of day again"

*Adam POV*

I'm getting ready for some ceremony for the remaining teams. I, Jordan, Don and Eva are supposed to go while Stan and Koji repair Arrow II after the match with Paradice. Thankfully, we got the reactor to work at minimum capacity so there is some point of start for us. I just got from under the shower and get ready to get my clothes on when I hear a knock on my door and soon they opens and Eva enters the room

Eva: "Adam, I need you to-yep!" she sequels and turns around with a blush "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to walk on you!"

Adam: "You know, that's why you wait for an answer before entering someone's room. Good thing I have the towel. If you could give me five minutes" Eva nods and exits the room. I get my clothes on "Now you're clear" Eva enters the room and sits on my bed, avoiding my gaze "So, what's so important that you rushed in here?"

Eva: "The Ultimate Prize"

Adam: "Yeah, right. It can make any dream or wish true. What about it?"

Eva: "You think it's the truth? Maybe Paradice got it wrong?"

Adam: "Hmmm. Dunno. But it just sounds too good to be true. No one's that powerful, even Avatar"

Eva: "But, he's the most powerful being in the galaxy, right?"

Adam: "Star, most powerful doesn't mean all powerful. There are some things he can't do for sure" I hum "But it would be nice to have a wish realized"

Eva: "What would you wish for?" I put my thumb under my chin and think

Adam: "I don't know. I don't need anything I could get with a wish" Eva gives me a look

Eva: "I know you too well. You'd wished for your parents to come back"

Adam: "Whatever gave you that idea Star?" in response she grabs my medallion and opens it

Eva: "This. You have this medallion since forever and I sometimes heard you talking to your parents"

Adam: "Eva... I get over the loss. People die and we have to move on" Eva groans

Eva: "Easy for you to say" she brings her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them

Adam: "Let me guess, you'd wished for Maya to come back" Eva nods sadly "You think that would reunite your family?"

Eva: "Am I really that easy to read?"

Adam: "Living with you in one dorm for ten years helped much" I smile "If it's true, then do it. Don would probably get a cardiac arrest seeing her alive" I snicker, but Eva doesn't see that so funny "Or Maya would slap the shit out of him"

Eva: "That's not the point! I swear you're so much of a jerk, Adam"

Adam: "You love me for it" I wink, teasing her, but she gets beat red and looks at the wall, instead of her normal 'shut up' or 'don't say that you idiot' "Eva?"