Episode 3: Usap Pa

Sequence 016:
Unit 1201
Turris Ad Astra Condominiums
INT
Night
1:04 am

Bret: May extra slippers ako here, wait lang ah.

He says to Neo upon entering the condo unit.

Neo notices Bret taking off his shoes and placing it on a mat before walking towards a closet a few feet away from the door so he takes off his sneakers as well.

Bret: Here you go. You can put your shoes right next to mine there para ma-dry din siya.

He hands him a pair of cream coloured fuzzy slippers.

Neo: Thank you.

Neo takes the fuzzy slippers and wears them.

He follows Bret to the living area. Bret draws the drapes open to reveal a large window with a view of the city skyline being battered by the rain again.

Bret: Upo ka kaya.

He tells Neo after noticing him just standing there in the middle of the living area looking like a wet puppy.

Neo takes a seat on the white couch.

Bret: Can I offer you anything? Green tea, juice, or hot choco?

He asks Neo.

Neo: Water lang. Okay na 'ko sa water.

Bret: One water coming up.

Bret makes his way to the condo unit's kitchen. Neo's eyes follow him to the impressive kitchen with black granite countertops and stainless steel finish appliances.

Neo: May tanong ako, okay lang?

He asks while looking around the unit.

Bret: Basta kaya kong i-answer.

Bret closes the fridge door behind him.

Neo: Kaya mo 'to.

Neo says to him as he approaches.

Bret: Okay. Fire away.

He hands Neo a small plastic bottle of distilled drinking water.

Neo: Promise hindi mo ako ihahagis palabas ng balcony mo?

Bret sits on one of the Philippe Starck ghost chairs right across Neo.

Bret: Madami pa ako dreams sa life and throwing someone off a balcony isn't one of them.

Neo asks after taking a sip.

Neo: Mukha namang RK ka, ba't ka nag-apply na Production Assistant sa teleserye?

BEAT.

He sighs.

Bret: I hope you're not judging me naman by what you see here, Neo. This unit isn't mine. I am — I'm housesitting for family.

Bret shifts in his seat.

Bret: And if it seems na RK ang impression mo with me, I'm happy to report na I am grateful for having grown up living a comfortable life.

Neo nods as he takes another sip of his water.

Neo: At yung dalawang susi ng coche diyan?

Bret is caught off guard by Neo's question as he points to a metallic tray by the side table where two car keys are laid.

Bret: You've very observant! NBI much?

Neo notices how uncomfortable Bret is upon his prying.

Bret: Maybe you should shift from Marine Engineering to Criminology next time you enrol.