Matsukawa/Yahaba's Party

"How does it feel to have to share a birthday?" Makki teased. His thumb brushed over the back of the other's hand as they rested together on the center console.

"Well to be honest, it was fine the first sixteen years of my life when I didn't," Mattsun smirked, his other hand grasping the wheel. They were heading over to Yahaba's house since his parents were gone for the weekend, purposely letting their child celebrate his birthday with only friends. That, plus the fact that Yahaba basically bribed them for this to happen.

They continued to make light conversation the rest of the way there. Neither of them really cared about the words exchanged; they much preferred to focus on keeping contact through pressed palms and intertwining fingers. After so long of trying to limit intentional intimate actions, now that they had no reason to hold back they unabashedly took every chance they had.

As they pulled over to the side of the road in front of Yahaba's house, their hands separated only to find themselves pulled together once again when they were outside the car.

"Yay, you two finally made it!" Yahaba exclaimed, greeting them at the door.

Makki smiled and held out a small present for him, wrapped in a cute baby blue wrapping paper donned with tiny pomeranians. "Happy birthday!"

"Wah, it's so cute! How can I even morally rip into this when Princess is all over it," the birthday boy cried. As if on cue, a bark sounded from behind him and his tiny fluffy pomeranian companion came bounding down.

"Princess!" a gruff voice exclaimed, and coming around the corner chasing after the bundle of energy was a familiar blonde haired boy. He scooped the tiny ball up before he had the chance to run out the door. Both of them were panting, one from excitement and the other from relief.

"Nice save!" Yahaba smirked, bumping his shoulder into the other playfully. Kyoutani only rolled his eyes before finally greeting the last guests.

"Oh and happy birthday to you too Mattsun!" Yahaba cheered. Mattsun only nodded and rubbed the back of his neck in timid acceptance. "We've been separating gifts in the kitchen if you want to follow," he said as he escorted them further in.

As they entered the kitchen they saw the rest of the team crowding around the island, laughing away. When they saw the group of four walk in, they all turned.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Iwaizumi laughed.

"Iwa-chan, you didn't even say the most important thing first," Oikawa pestered him before running up to hug Matsukawa. "Happy birthday! Welcome to the no longer a teen squad! The last of us senpai!"

Iwaizumi grabbed the back of Oikawa's shirt and pulled him off so he could take his turn giving his friend a hug. "Happy birthday man."

Matsukawa gave him a quick pat on the back. "Thanks guys." He wasn't really good with birthdays, in fact all this attention was making him a bit embarrassed. However, just knowing how much his friends cared made it all worth it.

"What, why do you get all the hugs on your birthday...," Makki pouted, his arms crossed.

"So a hug just from me wasn't enough?" Mattsun said, teasing his boyfriend to ease his nerves and take the focus off of just him.

Hanamaki pushed him half heartedly, his face heating up a bit. The other alumni of Aoba Johsai made their way over to wish Mattsun a happy birthday as well and they all settled back comfortably chatting in the center again. Makki put his gift in the correct pile before making his way to the conversation.

"I went back to visit Coach last week, but also to take a peek at all the new members," Oikawa was explaining his arms resting on the counter.

"Oh that's right, you never officially met Hatori," Kindaichi noted. Makki slid in the place next to Mattsun, the curly haired boy wrapping an arm around his waist nonchalantly.