Kyoutani's Party Pt. 2

Mattsun sighed into the night. He had been waiting for Yahaba to come back for almost fifteen minutes now. He knew at this point the tip of his nose and his cheeks were pink. As he dug his fingers deeper into his pockets, searching for any warmth left, he thought about how much longer he would have to wait. No one takes this long to confess, right? Maybe Yahaba chickened out and was scared to admit it to Mattsun. Maybe he was rejected and didn't have the heart to come out and tell Mattsun. Maybe he was having a grand old time with his new boyfriend and forgot about Mattsun. Whatever was going on, the the bushy browed boy was getting tired of waiting. Just as he was about to head back inside, the door to the outside world flung open and Yahaba ran in Mattsun's direction.

    "Mattsun! Mattsun! Kyoutani he...he...," Yahaba was now right in front of the black haired boy, trying to slow down his breath enough to speak. "He fucking said yes!" The panting boy was laughing, the biggest smile plastered on his face.

    "Yahaba, that's awesome!" Mattsun said, happy for the love sick boy. "Tell me what happened!"

    "Well, I went inside and asked him if I could talk to him alone. He brought me to his room upstairs and I just, kind of blurted out everything. I told him I've liked him for a long time now and I wouldn't mind waiting for an answer but I've been holding these feelings in for so long so I just had to tell him and then he told me he'd give his answer right now and I got scared because I was completely ready to be rejected because whenever I thought about confessing I would always imagine Kyoutani saying no and my entire life just coming to a halt but that doesn't matter to this story and...oh my god where was I?"

    "Woah, take a deep breath. You are speaking way too fast for me to comprehend," Mattsun said with a small laugh.

    "Okay...okay...alright, I'm sorry I just still can't believe this is happening. Anyways, he told me he honestly realized that I liked him a long time ago. At first, he was uncomfortable with the thought, but he didn't want to lose me. Over time, he started to like me back, but he was too shy to make the first move. He said he was happy that I finally got the courage to confess and said he would happily go out with me. After that we talked for a little while and decided to head back to the party so it didn't seem too suspicious. We're going to talk more tonight after everyone leaves. I'm just...in shock. This doesn't feel real, but thank god it is." Yahaba's smile was so genuine. Just seeing how happy he was made Mattsun confident in himself. He wanted to be just as happy.  Yahaba's smile soon turned into a smirk. "Now it's your turn."

    Mattsun nodded slightly. He knew he had to get this over with. Maybe since Kyoutani noticed Yahaba's feelings, Makki might have noticed Mattsun's. That and Yahaba's sheer overwhelming joy were the sole things giving Mattsun strength.

    "I'm going," Mattsun said with sudden determination.

    "Go get him tiger," Yahaba said, thumbs up in encouragement. Mattsun smiled at the gesture and ran inside. He was hit with a sudden warmth, grateful that feeling seeped back into his fingers and toes. He searched for Makki, and after a quick sweep of the area he spotted his pink haired crush talking to Kyoutani.

    "Makki!" Mattsun called out, waving when Makki turned his head to the sound of his name. 

    "Mattsun, I was looking for you," Makki said as the thick browed boy ran over to join the group.

    "Sorry I took so long, but actually I have someth-," Mattsun started to say when he was interrupted by none other than Oikawa fucking Tooru.

    "There you guys are! It's time for the annual game of seven minutes in heaven!" The great king announced to Makki and Mattsun.

    "Annual? We played it for the first time at your birthday party five months ago dumbass," Makki said, clearly annoyed.