[00] izuku can't help but write in his head

✎⭒

shouta aizawa's [quirk: erasure] personality was hard for izuku midoriya [quirk: one for all] to mimic in his stories. it was because the man never outright showed emotion, unless he was yelling at them, barking out orders like a hound dog.

how would the man feel like to love? that was izuku's question.

not because he felt that way about his teacher. god no. just the simple thought of it made him blush, and he leaned his head into the palms his hands to try and hide the pink across his cheeks.

no. it was because all might was in love with him.

no--not was. more like was going to be.

stopping himself from writing the new fanfiction idea he had dancing around in his head, he forced himself to jot down notes as aizawa talked about the importance of popularity throughout a hero's career. it was stuff izuku already knew about considering he used to strictly just be a fan of pro heroes before all might gave him his quirk, but he took notes anyways, mostly because well--he had a whole fantasy inside of his head that he hoped would eventually become reality.

a fantasy where the girl sitting next to him might someday need his notes, and therefore ask him for them, and therefore talk to him. and he would have a reason to talk back. and he had to be ready for that--even though she would probably ask literally anyone else for them instead.

izuku might not know how aizawa viewed love--but he knew what it meant for himself.

and that was the girl sitting next to him.

she was trying not to be suspicious as she scrolled on her phone during class, completely oblivious to the world around her.

if it was anyone else, izuku might have tried to get their attention. this was ua after all, not some random high school. the things aizawa taught them--no matter how boring--ultimately mattered.

the problem was--he knew what she was doing on her phone. she was reading one of his stories. he could tell because from this angle, he could practically see her whole screen. it was his old hawks x reader, nearly 700k words, which he had completed with a playlist.

the idea that she could ever like his words so much that she risked reading it in class drove him insane.

izuku could stare at her while she read all day long.

she read his stories. and she liked them.

he forced himself to look away from her just as class was ending, and aizawa was crossing his arms like he always did. izuku imagined all might coming up behind him and wrapping his arms around the shaggy bloke just to get a reaction out of him. and once all might had that reaction--what would it be?--he would lift aizawa's dark, shaggy hair to the side to have better access to his neck.

he nearly jumped out of his skin as the pro hero's voice cut through any end of class discussions(--though for him, it cut through his end of class daydreaming). "bring your hero costumes tomorrow," the eraser quirked pro hero said, very nonchalantly. "we'll be practice-dueling to finalize your ultimate moves. don't forget--and don't be late."

aizawa's voice carries. izuku quickly wrote that down before packing up his things. the more observational notes, the better his story would be.

"hey."

the voice was soft and serene--and one that izuku wasn't used to talking to him.

"sorry," [y/n] said, seeing the expression on his face. or nearly--lack thereof. on the inside, the green haired boy was glitching. on the outside,  he just looked lost. "you just--you dropped this."

izuku looked down. she was holding a stack of pastel yellow sticky notes.

his pastel yellow sticky notes. and his eyes widened in horror as he realized they were the ones his mom had gotten him from some small special website that made sticky notes with small icons of all might in the bottom right hand corner.

if it was anyone else, he wouldn't have cared. but since it was her, he was so mortified that he snatched them out of her hands and prayed she hadn't seen the childish image on them.

"thanks!" he said, his voice painfully shaky and overly high pitched.

"i actually have a matching set!" she grinned, oblivious to how badly the green haired boy was now outwardly crushing on her. she held up pastel orange sticky notes that were decorated with small icons of the pro hero hawks in the upper left corner. izuku nearly died at the sight of them. "i don't really use them though...they're just way too cute..."

she's a hawks girl--that's adorable, he thought. and then at the same time, you're too cute.

"hawks is a boot--" izuku's words had meshed together, and as soon as he realized it, his face was as red as his sneakers. "i mean! hawks is...cool."

the way she laughed made his heart flutter. and then she was sticking a hawks sticky note on his tie, her finger pressing into the middle of his chest, and before he could even process what had happened--that she had touched him--she was out the door and waving goodbye.

"hey! don't tell sero about those," she smiled. "he'll tease me about them."

and with that, she was out of the door, leaving izuku feeling very, very red in the face. his knees were jelly and he had butterflies in his stomach.

he couldn't stop thinking about her and the things she could do to him. and about the things he wanted to do to her.

all might's skin was tingling at the soft sensation of eraser head's bare torso against his own. his lips brushed against his ear, and then down his neck, breathing in his scent as he laid a kiss on his collar bone.

'what's this feeling in my stomach?' he thought, something inside of him feeling very, very alive. 'is this what love is?'

hey besties! author here. i just want you to know that i wrote this story during quarantine. all my friends loved it and pushed me to publish it. by no means is it perfect, but i kin izuku so much that i wanted to write him a story and thank him for helping me realize so many good things about myself that i didn't even know existed. like living inside my head, being romantic, daydreaming. anyways, i hope you enjoy, but please realize that this is more of a story about and for izuku than an x reader story, though there is, of course, tons of fluff and softness for you to enjoy too. if anyone has read the song of achilles, that is what i based izuku's eraser head x all might fanfiction on! i love a sad romance as much as any gal. i know izuku would too. 

 feel free to leave comments. i will be as active as i can :)